Why I will NEVER become a Jehovahs Witness

by kevin221 26 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

You are perfectly correct in NEVER wanting to become a JW.

JonJon's dad seems like a particularly vile breed of JW -- mentally unhinged (but NOT by Jon's death -- the hypocrite!!!).

(((((((((Kevin)))))))))))

I'm lovin' the headlines if you catch him in your driveway again:

Jehovah's Witness caught in Hate Crime!
    MORE hypocrisy from "God's Organization" which is identified by LOVE?!?

Go get 'em, guy! Jon would be proud of you.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• toddy
    toddy

Kevin,
    Sorry to hear your going through so much trouble,my first reaction was to slap the bastard silly,but thinking about it i think the legal route is the best way to go.
    Im not a witness either but i work with a few and i wouldn't go as far as saying they were mentally ill,but i would say the ones i know are incredibly emotionless people,and don't seem to have an ounce of compassion between them.
    Prehaps others here could answer this,if you did catch him and prosecute, how would this effect his standing amoung his congregation?
    Take care.

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish".

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Kevin,

I was raised a dub, am now an atheist but am still crazy after all these years.

I agree with Dan - if you still have the poster, it can be dusted for prints, and if you catch Pops on tape and press charges he'll be fingerprinted (I think), so you'll be able to look for a match.

I consider you part of our "family" of apostates, by marriage.

Hang in there.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Hey Feralwoman can't you do some hoodoo to make these cretins lose a nut or something?

Well, with the friends talking about getting that nasty sign fingerprinted,... I don't think any other mojo will be necessary.

Oh well, I can always treat is as a theoretical exercise for future reference }:)

Gently Feral

• Victoria Cruz
    Victoria Cruz
    Kevin, many Jehovahs Witnesses are like that if not in action then in attitude especially towards homosexuals.

I think it's very rare you will hear of a Jehovah's Witness commiting a hate crime against anyone. I'm sure there have been. And it would probably be announced they were Jehovah's Witness because it is rare. And any disdain Jehovah's Witnesses have for gays is stemmed from a deep belief in the bible. Anyone who reads the bible knows God does not like homosexual acts. I won't go as far as saying he doesn't like them personally because I'm not God. So of course, they think they shouldn't like them.
    And of course you have an idiot putting a nasty message on a car. But I won't lump the majority of JW's as being nasty or hateful. Because that is not my experience with them. Had I had the experience as the original poster I might.

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((kev)))))))))))
    hey sweetie! Hope you see this. I'm wondering how you are doing.
    yes,these are not innocuous,tolerant and loving people.
    They have taken the scriptures and corrupted them into heinous death dealing policies.
    This board and others is just filled with the tragic tales of destroyed and shredded families due to their 'shunning'. You know this well from Jons experience. You know firsthand,that type of'love'.
    There are those who've experienced the loss of a loved one due to their insane medical/blood policies over the years.
    They are extremely intolerant. Of different religions,lifestyles,etc. They are actually taught what I call 'godly hatred'. It is an insular highly controlled group of people. See JT's post on why he and his wife have no children! Heartbreaking,this total control over one's life. They are adversely affected by policies that have decried higher education. Every aspect of their life is under control. WHo they can associate with. What they can read.What music they can listen too. These are socially academically,emotionally,psychologically,economically and spiritually stunted people.
    These are people who eagerly look forward to a 'paradise' that will be(according to their tenets) accomplished thru genocide. Byt the destruction of 99% of the world population! Yeah,that's their 'love'.
    Keep on documenting this creep. I gave you my phone# in case you need to talk or want some help.
    Anyway,I've been thinking of you.With love,Tina

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((Kevin))))))))

I am so sorry to hear about Jon's father acting like this. For those "brothers" to come visit under the guise of "helping another grieving brother" is so sick and lame! I don't know how anybody in a clean conscience can act as some of these JW's act. It makes me almost feel shameful of my past!

I don't know if Jon told you, but he responded to a thread of mine several days after the attack. I have included the hyperlink so you can see Jon's response.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=11768&site=3

It basically had to do with us (apostates) trying to make right a situation where we were wronged. In his case, he did try to make right the relationship with his father just weeks ago. His father's response was one of hatred and anger. I'm sure you knew about it. But at least Jon left knowing he did all he could do. I hope that when my day comes, I can have that peace as well!

Love,
    Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit