Ever been lied to by anyone on this forum?

by snarf 47 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

You all know how it works...you post a few topics, comment a few times and pretty soon people get to know your name, then they p.m. you and you start talking, then suddenly you find out through their posts and comments that they were lying to you. Has this happened to you? Did it make ya mad?

This happened to me a while back with a poster on this forum, and more than anything really hurt my feelings. Here we are trying to get away from lies and conditional friendships, and then you start talking to someone in a similar situation and then they lie.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

No, I can't say as this has ever happened to ME. If I have been personally lied to by anyone, I have yet to discover it! Quite the opposite hold true in my case, because for the most part---I have been very blessed, loved and very much encouraged by the ones I have gotten friendly with by PM or meeting in person.

hugs,

Annie

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't really give a crap. I don't lie here, and that's all that's important to me. Of course, I make it a point to take everything I read here with a grain of salt. I feel sorry for people who are so dissatisfied with themselves that they feel a need to lie.

• snarf
    snarf

Sunspot,

I am glad you have never been lied to. I have met many wonderful people here. Only one person has lied to me here on this forum.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Not that I know of.......

nj

• snarf
    snarf

john doe,

I feel the same, don't take things tooo seriously here. It still sucks though when you take time out to chat with someone and find out they are a big fat liar.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I feel sorry for people who are so dissatisfied with themselves that they feel a need to lie.

That's how I feel about it too.

I'm sorry snarf- it does suck to be deceived, I can relate to how you feel but the good thing is there are many, many on here that aren't like that.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

To the best of my knowledge, no... I've never been lied too here.

Not bad for a bunch of apostates.

Lore

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Sorry to hear that Snarf - never happened to me (to my knowledge)

Not bad for a bunch of apostates.

Sure it was a genuine Apostate, and not one of those slippery, deceptive JWs masquerading as one?

• snarf
    snarf

Midwichcuckoo- ya know you might be on to something. Must have been a troll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit