What Made You Fall in Love With Your Husband/Wife/Lover ,Significant Other?

by flipper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hey all. Mr. Flipper. When in the witnesses, the fanciful thought is put forward that the main thing important in a marriage is the "threefold cord" having God in your marriage. It was made to seem that if that was there, everything else would just fall into place. Great sex, peace in the household, emotional unity with your mate, mental togetherness with your mate. But as I found out in my first marriage(19) years, ended 1998, that if you aren't well suited in alot of ways, emotional, physical, mental, common interests, same values, it doesn't work well. Witness or no witness. My wife Mrs. Flipper and I met through e-harmony and found we had alot of the same values, common interests emotionally, physically, mentally, and very similar hobbies including hiking in mountains, camping, fishing anything outdoors, music,animals, etc. Also she doesn't make an issue out of little things. Both of us pretty easygoing people. What about you all? What qualities made you fall in love with your mate or significant other? Please share, as we might be able to help some who are considering finding that special person!! Thanks, Peace, Mr. Flipper

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Wow, I didn't know eharmony has been around for that long..

I'm not in a serious relationship now, but given my love-history, I have to say that I fall pretty hard for the ladies who have the same personality as me. They've been pretty rare in my life,

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

His tiny feet

• snarf
    snarf

My guy understood that I had a past, made mistakes and pulled myself up by my bootstraps....alone. He told me the reason he fell in love with me was cause "I didn't need him".

I fell in love with him, because he had been down my road and never judged me as so many had.I realized I was in love, for real this time, when I had the thought that if he left me tomorrow, I would have been blessed because I had the opportunity to meet a true blue guy like him.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no single thing. It was the whole person over a period of time.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

A friend and co-worker introduced my wife and I...of course she was his fiance at the time....Ooops.

She had been listening to my (very deep and sexy) voice over his Fire/Police Scanner and told him she wanted to put a face with my voice. I am a relatively funny guy (funny is relative) and so he brought her to meet me for a few laughs. She walked into my office with a dish of hot apple crisp and said, "I have heard all about you and I am not going to take any of your sh*t". It was love at first sight ! LOL

She was 5' 2", very blue eyes and very red hair (my weakness) and the rest of her wasn't bad either.

We met in October...she left him in December...moved in with me in January....and we got married the following October. He maxed her credit cards out before the wedding so she cost me about $15,000.00 up front and 17 years later I have lost count of the bill. LOL

• delilah
    delilah

When I met my husband, I was grease from head to toe.( I was working on my car with my dad.) He stepped out of my brother's car, and when I saw his golden brown eyes sparkle, his shy, sexy grin, and his hands....( a man's gotta have sexy hands you know!) that was it for me.

He stayed for dinner that night, and about 2 and a half months later, we were married. That, was 16 years ago. It just keeps getting better and better.

Did I mention that he had some really intriguing tattoos???? I love tats.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    We met in October...she left him in December...moved in with me in January....and we got married the following October. He maxed her credit cards out before the wedding so she cost me about $15,000.00 up front and 17 years later I have lost count of the bill. LOL

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

First sight? He has the sexiest but I've ever seen!!!!

Second - he fell in love with my 2 month old son and treated him as if he had planted the seed! My husband is total opposit of me, he has the energy of a 10 year old and will talk to a rock as long as it isn't moved. We've had some ups and down's mostly because of my dub parents interferring, but we've been together for 24 years and married 21 and still very much in love.

We both love Jazz, I recently got him into Wine and going to wine tastings and he has introduced me to golf (yuk), but that's what it's all about right? Give and take, spending time together, sharing.

I think I'll go give him a big ol juicy kiss!

nj

• delilah
    delilah
    I think I'll go give him a big ol juicy kiss!

Oh that's so cute, NJ....mine's watching a movie, so I'll wait til later....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit