What Made You Fall in Love With Your Husband/Wife/Lover ,Significant Other?

by flipper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

I met her at Pioneer School, her cousin introduced us. There's no such thing as Love At First Sight, but I will acknowledge the existence of A Great Degree Of Interest At First Sight. She was beautiful, fit, toned, vivacious, bright, communicative, sparkling. She was like a supernova. I didn't fall in love that day but it wasn't long before I did.

What do two 21-year-old newlyweds know about marriage? They know nothing. They're babies, they're barely formed yet. I can't believe I got married that young but that is the Witness way, is it not?

We have had many problems, especially seeing as how we are now living in a mixed-religion household (with kids which makes it roughly 1000 times worse, that's a scientifically accurate number by the way), but we're still together 11 years later. We've learned a lot about each other's strengths and faults by now. Love is what has kept us together. Love and hard work. Love, hard work, a shared regard for personal responsibility, and beer. Wait... make that love, hard work, a shared regard blah blah blah, beer, and and a not-insignificant amount of therapy and in my case medication.

• helncon
    helncon

We were young and he was my real second b/f we just had things in common and he had a great understanding of me and my quirky ways.

He showed me the light and it was my final transition of leaving the JWs.

we were married for 4 years we had our ups and downs i guess i was insecure about a lot of things and we separated and divorced.

We both had new partners for a few years and then so reason within months of our relationships ending we got talking and realised that we had grown up and we started being with each other more we just clicked and we both had wanted our family to be together again.

So cut a long story short we got back together both stronger and happier people and had another child together and now i couldn't be more in love with him now then what i was all those years ago.

He just gets me and i get him.

Helen

• changeling
    changeling

I'm crazy and he puts up with me. Gotta love'im!

• peggy
    peggy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......interesting question. I met my future husband when I was seventeen years old. I needed an answer for my future, as I wasn't given any options. Marriage was it! An answer. I was attracted to an UP and COMER! He had every intention of becoming something....MS, elder. I attached myself to him and I became something too. I had no idea at the the time, how empty and soul-less I was.

I didn't fall in love with my husband until years later. It wasn't that I didn't care for him, I did. I just think I was incapable of love at the time. I did come to love him though, deeply. Still, years later as I grew and matured, resentment set in. It truly was...the dark night of the soul.

Our marriage ended after 28 years. He was remarried less then one year after our divorce was final.

I talk with him regularly and proudly tell people that we are friends. Honestly.......I am bitter for the loss. Bitter that somehow it wasn't saved. We both read and lurk on JWD. He will read this message no doubt....even comment to me about it. We have interesting and deep converstions at times. Something that was lacking in marriage. He is no longer an elder....and I have developed soul/self.

Peg

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

HER ASS !

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks all, Mr. Flipper here. Enjoy all your responses. Love is a saving thing isn't it? The Beatles said, "All You Need is Love". I like to subscribe to that view too. With all the horrors that go on in the world. At the end of the day, all that really matters is do we love others, and did we make a positive influence in someone's life today? Peace to you all, I'm going to bed

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I would have to say it was his eyes, those beautiful blue eyes that attracted me to him first, he was 19, and I was 16. We have been married for over 30 years now. Two grown kids, one boy, one girl, and three grandkids. Our love has only gotten stronger for each other, especially in times when we have struggled with different issues. He still brings me flowers, and we still sign our cards to each other the same way. Love you Sweetheart.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

bigfloppydog . . . what a great life you must have! "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus ! "

I've always believed in the entire concept of " falling in love." And 'falling' is the best word to describe it for when we 'fall' we have lost all control of our behaviour; cupid's arrow does its job.We lose our common sense and absolutely nothing in the world matters except the one we love.

I'm ready to fall in love . . .again. ( I've experienced it 3 times in my life and it's been 3 years since the last time . . .please send photos ).

• Twitch
    Twitch
    And 'falling' is the best word to describe it for when we 'fall' we have lost all control of our behaviour; cupid's arrow does its job.We lose our common sense and absolutely nothing in the world matters except the one we love.

Yea, true dat

Kinda makes me do stupider things, than I would normally anyways.

;-)

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Twitch . . yeah, I know about those 'stupider' things. It seems like when I'm in love my woman can talk me into doing anything she wants me to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit