Myrtle Beach South Carolina ?

by Junction-Guy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

Seafare Seafood Restaurant, 2000 Hwy 17 Business, Surfside Beach.

Yep, that is it, it is weird that there are so many. Who knew?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ok. you ever get something on your mind and you cant get any rest until you figure it out?

Well I called around to several chambers of commerce in South Carolina and finally I found out that this restaurant was on Hwy 378 just outside of Columbia going toward Sumter. The lady at the chamber couldnt remember the name but she said the owner died years ago and the ship sat vacant. She said that snakes made their way into the boat and they decided to burn it to the ground (or water). She said it has been 20 years since they burnt it.

She described it perfectly. So that mystery is solved.
    :
    here is one more:

This I did see back in the mid 1990's. Going south from Myrtle Beach on Hwy 17 there was an old restaurant that was a 2 story house. The parking lot back then was unpaved and you parked on the sandy grass beneath mossy oak trees. Inside the restaurant you had to walk up an old staircase to get to the restrooms. They had the best deviled crab. Someone t work said that it is called "Oliver's". The last trip to MB in 1998 I couldnt locate that house, but someone at work says it is still there, does anyone know the fate of this restaurant?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

This is Oliver's Lodge Restaurant, south of Myrtle Beach ( 4204 Highway 17, Business, Murrells Inlet)

Frank,
    http://formerjw.homestead.com

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

fjtoth, all I see is a red X.

Well Im way past my bedtime as I work 3rd shift. I will check this again later.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I love Myrtle Beach. I was just down there just over a week ago.

Beautiful place. Tons of nightlife and fun in Myrtle, and plenty of quiet starry nights in North Myrtle. Its perfect.

One thing, you might remember the pavilion, the big amusement park? Yeah, it got torn down. :(

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Richie, yeah I heard they tore it down, thats a real shame. I will be curious as to what it looks like now. I heard it was turned into a parking lot and also more shopping.

If you are like me, I bet you love all those seafood buffets. I have eaten at most of the Calabash's there.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

After talking with my grandma while I was in Ohio, we came to the conclusion that this restaurant was called "The Bounty", so the mystery is solved.

BTTT, as I might get to go to Myrtle Beach this fall.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I grew up near Myrtle Beach. Murrells Inlet has the best seafood buffets. I was there back in the day when The Magic Attic dance club was up above the pavilion. Is that torn down, Richie? Say it ain't so!

I live in Chicago now, and I miss the salt air, and the fresh seafood. I will have to go back now. I can't take it any longer. Haven't been back in about 6 years.

Ahhh...the memories....*sigh*

Getting into a school of jellyfish at Pawley's Island.

My first skinny dip was there also.

Being terrified of the "gray man."

Spearing flounder.

Dancing all night at Xanadu and 2001. (well, technically not all night, since the clubs close at 2:30am)

Surf fishing.

Riding up and down the strand and hanging out in front of Ripley's Believe It or Not.

junction guy....I absolutely remember that "ship" restaurant docked in that lake. We would see it on our way back to Georgetown from assemblies in Sumter. My sister and I would be looking out of the back window in the car, and we would always beg our parents to stop, but they never did. It was like something out of Peter Pan for us. Thank (((you))) for reminding me of my sis.

Edited to add that my favorite place to go was Brookgreen Gardens. I went there so many times, I memorized the statuary. The oaks were so huge with the moss hanging almost to the ground. If you ever go to Murrells Inlet or Georgetown, you must visit these gardens.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Tatiana, I have to make some phone calls now, so I dont have time for a decent reply, check back later this evening.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Tatiana,

The lady at the Columbia visitors bureau told me that ship was located just east of Columbia, Maybe it was Sumter after all.

I havent been to Myrtle Beach since 1998, and I cant wait to see it again.

From what I hear the Pavillion was torn down and is now a parking lot.

I never went into downtown Murrells Inlet, although I have been to Pawleys Island, Litchfield Beach, Georgetown, etc etc etc.

I will try to check it out the next time Im there.

It would be cool to plan a Myrtle Beach Apostafest, I remember them having one a few years back.

By the way did you ever go to Pedro's South of the Border tourist trap in Dillon SC on I-95? I would like to swing by there and check it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit