Stomach Cramps? Medical people?

by RichieRich 33 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

About 10am this morning I was following my roommate down the interstate (helping him move a few things) and all of a sudden, I had the worst pain I've ever felt in my belly.

The pain was between my nipples and the middle of my belly, but it was all around my body- even that section of my back hurt. It felt like someone had tied a very tight band around my torso and was pulling it tighter and tighter.

After being in pain for only about 5 minutes, I had to pull over. I jumped out of my car and ran over to the gaurd rail, thinking that perhaps I would vomit. My body didn't want to vomit and I did feel compelled to do anything with bowels- the pain was all inside me. I tried sitting down on the guard rail , but I found that standing was the best thing.

My roomate pulled over too, and he gave me a bottle of water which was mostly frozen, so I sipped down as much of that as possible, and held the bottle to my head.

I decided I needed to keep my torso straight and elongated, seeing as how that was what hurt the least- so I reclined the seat in my car and proceeded to lay there for about 45 minutes until I felt like I could finish the drive the 20 mile drive home.

I got home and immediately laid down on my bed and stretched out with my arms above my head. I did deep breaths, 3 seconds in, 3 seconds out (tattoo trick- hahah) and eventually put myself to sleep.

I slept for about an hour and a half and since I am awake now, I still have some soreness in what is I assume my diaphragm? and it hurts to cough or dramatically expand or contract my stomach.

So what really scared me was this was easily some of the worst pain ever. And I've done some incredibly painful things- but this seriously almost broke me.

I've tried to diagnose via WebMD and such, but it doesn't seem to tell me much. lower pain would signal an organ being out of sync, but pain this high is hard to explain.

So here's the deal- I'm overweight but I eat healthy. I only drink one soda a day. All my body functions are regular. I have had a sinus infection / cough thing going for just at a week now, but its seriously almost on its way out.

Does anybody know what just happened? Its not menstrual pain, its not my sickle cells, its not heartburn....

Also, kudos to Kraig, the world's best roomate with the world's worst hair.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Richie-

Anymore pains? It could be anything from being full of shit (constipated) to a virus, to your appendix....actually it could be alot of things. Are you hurting more on one side? Which one? Are you having any pains now? fever? cough? nausea?/?????\

You really need to be seen. Can you go to the doctor or urgent care, or even the ER? Without a Dr. seeing you, and doing labs and/or pictures..............something like that can't be diagnosised over the computer.

shelley

• Mary
    Mary
    So here's the deal- I'm overweight but I eat healthy. I only drink one soda a day. All my body functions are regular. I have had a sinus infection / cough thing going for just at a week now, but its seriously almost on its way out.

I'm no doctor, but it could be you pulled a muscle there, or an angina attack. You should really go to the doctors to get checked out hon. I went to school with a guy who was an athlete and who died during a Marathon because he had an irregular heart beat that no one had picked up on. I don't mean to scare you, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Check this out: http://www.medicinenet.com/angina/article.htm

And if you don't go to the doctors asap, I'm phoning your local Kingdumb Hall and telling them you'd like a free home bible study.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

The pain now is subtle, like my muscles are just fatigued.

The pain was equal throughout that band of my body.

I'm not constipated.

And I don't have a fever or feel nausous.

I really don't want to go to the Doctor- everyone wll be there because its monday, and if I go to the ER, I'll be put on a back burner since I'm no longer in serious pain and I'm not bleeding.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

It could be like Mary said. Just take it easy, and if it happens again, get checked out!!

/waves at Mary!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I had appendicitis, It feels like someone punched you in the stomach with all they got. Hope that lil info helps

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

i'm not a medical person, but, i would definitely agree with CBD, go get seen in the ER......don't fool around.......it could be nothing, or it could be something serious.........

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm just completely confused because I have really isolated symptoms... and nothing seems to be wrong...

but I will be called a buddy who's wife is an RN shortly.

Thank you for your pm shelley.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Don't worry, it was probably just Jehovah kicking your ass for leaving his organization.

On the serious side, I get stuff like this too. I've been to the doctor, and they've failed to diagnose anything. They blamed my smoking, but I quit over a year ago.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Yeah Nos, that's what I'm afraid of - wasting a bunch of time to just end up getting a big shrug of the shoulders.

I always end up getting a bunch of dumb comments at the doctors office / hospital, so I try to avoid it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit