Stomach Cramps? Medical people?

by RichieRich 33 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well without knowing a few more symptoms I cant make any diagnosis, so I wont rule anything out.

I concur with some of the others who think it is gallbladder.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ok, so I just now saw his new thread and it's variable angina.

Im gonna look that up and read more about it.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hi Ritchie

I'm going to go out on a limb and play doctor here with some semi-professional advice (I trained as an RN but am not practicing now). A couple of things you said made me think it could be a hiatus hernia. I have seen two people experience the kind of horrible pain in the diaphragm/chest area and both times it was caused by a hiatus hernia. This often happens with someone who is overweight and has been lifting or bending (you mentioned helping someone move that day!) The extra weight combined with lifting or pressure can sometimes pull the upper part of the stomach through the hole in the diaphragm. It causes a horrible squeezing pain and pressure in the upper stomach and lower chest area in the centre. It does feel similiar to a heart attack, and every breath and movement can make it feel worse but the other symptoms of heart attack are not there. What often makes it feel better is stretching and elongating yourself (third clue). Elongating your posture will often pull the stomach back through the hole and then relieve the pain, but your diaphragm can feel sore and bruised for awhile after (even days or weeks). Once you have a weekness in that area then it is possible to have this happen again and again. Working out with weights and lifting heavy objects and being overweight yourself are all common aggravations. If it happens again, try to notice if it has been after holding your breath and putting pressure or bearing down/lifting on your stomach/diaphragm area. Just another area to consider especially for people whose heart and cholesterol are just fine.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit