Someone is Lying.....

by R.F. 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Bizzy, those are simply awesome observations.

I like how you cut through the bull right to the point!

Hey RF, what bizzy said!

Roller

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you all.

Let me make sure everyone is up to speed on the situation.....

We were only engaged, never married, and I broke it off with her after realizing she has some problems that I could no longer deal with that I thought I could. Actually, she made a drastic personality change after I proposed to her.

BizzyBee, I think you're right as to what I need to do. My own mother told me I need to cut her off completely...my sister said the same thing. I was talking to her for about an hour yesterday and it felt like we were still engaged! She called as if she was concerned then she flipped on me. Heck we even argued like we were engaged. She kept saying things that made me realize that her frustration was in me ending the relationship. She made me feel worse than I already was! Then as soon as I hung up the phone I felt like a fool, realizing that I was putting myself through something completely unnecessary.

R.F.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Sometimes in life, you HAVE TO be an asshole. Trust me on this. I do this all the time to keep a distance from people, whether its my girlfriend, friends, mother, my JW family, work associates, etc. I'm telling you, keep a distance from people, you can guard yourself better that way, and hey ask questions back to them with a stern, slightly sarcastic tone, when you are confronted with a barrage of questions from someone that has no right to ask them. Dubs, are nosey, selfish, judgemental, pieces of trash, that I no longer have use for.

And when I wrote my letter to the congo, I told them point blank that I wanted no contact, and I've received zero. If elders would call me now, I would hang up. Luckily for me my dad is an elder and he knows I don't want contact. Unfortunately he also won't speak to me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    She said that others are trying to contact me to check on me, and from the way she described it you'd think that my phone was ringing off the hook, but that isn't so. There are only a few that have called me and I don't have many missed calls, so someone is lying here, trying to give off the impression that they're extremely concerned.

She's not lying. The publishers are not lying to her. They just think wrong.

If a person asks the ex about you, or if the gossip is about you- then they
    are all concerned about you. If someone said they hoped to catch you, but
    you ran out after the meeting, then people are trying to contact you.

If one person called and left a message or hung up when you didn't answer,
    then people are calling you again and again.

Since at least one person asked about you and at least one person called,
    and a couple of people are gossipping about you, they are all extremely concerned.

My bookstudy overseer recently phoned and left a single message about something totally
    not related to meetings. Since I didn't phone back, the elders can tell the CO that they
    tried to help me, but I don't respond to their calls. They will believe their own story by the
    time the CO visits. The secretary also includes me in his general emails, so that bolsters
    their efforts to contact me. I am happy that they don't try harder, but I understand what
    you say that they are not really doing it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some women have the knack of cutting you down with a word and making you doubt doubt your own sanity

If you still are connected to the congo, then the passage out will not be easy...but it will be WORTH IT!..hang on in there

• R.F.
    R.F.

OnTheWayOut, unfortunately you're right. The sad thing is it still feels like lies but from the JW viewpoint it isn't, and those things mentioned such as the claim that i'm ducking and dodging everyone is false. Maybe it'll work to my advantage though.

bluesbreaker59, i'm in agreement with you as well. I've been too nice about this thing and it seems that with her, she thinks she can run me. I've allowed her to do this so I deserved alot of blame, but i'm tired of it.

I woke up this morning determined not to put up with the crap anymore. Dealing with JWs from here on out is going to be full of it anyways, so i'm not going to let them rule me. Life is too short for it.

R.F.

• Miss 8572
    Miss 8572

R.F: I think your story is really interesting and I definately agree you should re dump your ex. LOL. What she's saying about all these caring people seems to be a fib... I have found that people in most congregations only pretend to care. In reality it seems that they are too busy preaching and teaching to care and share. Just be pleasant with those that actually do come and visit. Alot of the time they say the're coming and they don't even make it to your house unless they are in service and need to use your washroom. You know how it is... It's really messed up. JW's are always so busy finding new "sheep" that they forget the ones they already have in "the flock" who, metaphorically speaking, need food, water and shelter. My complete support in whatever you decide to do, stay or leave. Miss 8572.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I really feel for you. JW's are experts on creating uncomfortable situatuations. They make you feel like an absolute jerk when you are the one being wronged.

I have to agree with this statement!

I am sorry for the trouble you ae going through, but getting OUT of the WTS is the greatest thing since somebody decided to slice bread! The FREEDOM to come and go as you please, whenever you want to (without worrying if it is a "meeting night") and just in general....the feeling of relief far surpasses the idiotic (but well-meaning) crap you have to endure at this point.

Not that I want t make this "about ME" but I'd like to share a very "watershed moment" when I was a loyal and obedient (TM) JW....that when I was ill, disabled and housebound for a few months due to two different and unrelated conditions I was suffering with, and I had missed a lot of meetings. The elders finally remembered me (except for my only-once-a-month phone calls to see if a had any TIME to report) and they began to read and discuss the typical scriptures dealing with "meeting attendance". Mind you...I was not going ANYWHERE ELSE during this time period...I was stuck IN the house, and not enjoying myself running here and there instead of being at the meetings!

I finally had enough and asked to read a scripture of MY choosing, the one in Psalms where it says that He will open up His hand and satisfy the desire of EVERY LIVING THING..... and THAT was of far more "comfort" to me....than sitting there listening how "I should be at the meetings" which of course, WAS there only reason for being there. It just made me SO upset. After they left, it really sunk in even more. I DID make it to the Memorial the next month...but that was my last meeting forever. I DAed myself the following October. My conscience would not allow me to remain a JW any longer. (So much for the "love" and the "sheperding" calls)

It is all about appearances! No doubt about it! Ones can "make" every meeting, answer three times at a meeting, and show up for FS once a week----and they would be "considered strong" no matter WHAT they were really like on the inside or how they treated anyone else, etc, etc. The WTS is SOOO screwed up and has everything backwards.

I wish you the best...hang in there....

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit