by ex-nj-jw 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Sinis,

You have a PM

nj

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I had an experience about 12 years ago. I was driving home fairly late at night.

A driver started tailgating me very badly and was literally trying to run me off the road.

I knew that there was a police station in the area but couldn't remember where. At the time I worked at the newspaper where my husband is currently employed (but not for long) and knew that there was a midnight crew going in, and also that the place has cameras everywhere, so I pulled in there.

I didn't see him and stopped. And he pulled up behind me, jumped out of the car and was pounding on the window, raving at me. Screaming.

He finally left.

I was scared.

Oh and Sinis, you must be living under a rock. I'm NOT black, quite the rosy cheeked white chick, and I know that racists USE the confederate flag as a symbol of white supremacy. The flag's history might not mean that, but it IS used OFTEN by white supremacists.

I think the fact that NJ is a black woman being approached by a WHITE man, being screamed at with the words "You People", knowing that she lives (by her own words) in an area that has problems with racism, is enough for us to see that it is likely that there was some racism behind it.

Here is a link:

http://www.kkk.com/

Click on it, go ahead, don't be shy.

Now once you get there click on the link for KKK shirts.

And once you scroll down, you get to see how they really like the confederate flag.

Perhaps that is not what the flag SHOULD be used for, but it is. Often, and by major white supremacy groups.

If you were black, living in a place where there are a ton of these flags flown, and you had been on the receiving end of racism...

You might not be so quick to judge to her.

• sinis
    sinis

Your little analogy is grotesquely wrong. Just because a group uses a symbol for their agenda does not make that symbol, within one fell swoop, an agent of that group.

I think the fact that NJ is a black woman being approached by a WHITE man, being screamed at with the words "You People", knowing that she lives (by her own words) in an area that has problems with racism, is enough for us to see that it is likely that there was some racism behind it.

Really? And her words are no less inflammatory? I'm not shy, but I'm also not caught up into this racism bull shit, which it quite clearly is.

Click on it, go ahead, don't be shy.

Now once you get there click on the link for KKK shirts.

And once you scroll down, you get to see how they really like the confederate flag.

Perhaps that is not what the flag SHOULD be used for, but it is. Often, and by major white supremacy groups.

If you were black, living in a place where there are a ton of these flags flown, and you had been on the receiving end of racism...

You might not be so quick to judge to her.

Your arguement holds no water. Maybe we should view the US flag as being racist, since after all the KKK have used that is times past...

Read this and then get back to me.

http://www.pointsouth.com/csanet/confederate_flag.htm

I'm sure this also had nothing to do with adding fuel to the fire.

So we pass a couple more words

Now I'm not saying that the guy didn't have a chip on his shoulder, but why add fuel to a heated subject? Whats wrong with being the better person, and trying to smooth things over. Life is too short to worry about skin color, or who is racist, and who isn't. Instead of feeding mental midgets (like the guy who made comment), why not set the example?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry ex-nj-jw.

If you want something to happen to this redneck fellow, just let your buddy nvr know.

I know people. LOL!

I hope you're feeling better.

• unique1
    unique1

That is pretty crazy. Glad you are alright.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    yelling about "when are you people going to stop thinking you can do what you want"? When that person is approx. 6'2 300lbs, male and i'm 5'4 135lb female???

I can understand why you were so freaked out. Even aside from the racist remarks he made, I don't think men posting here can understand how scary it is to be a woman out on your own. I've been in situations where I've been afraid for my safety and I can completely understand. I know someone already mentioned this but I also try not to use to walk up ATM's unless I have someone with me. Be careful, there are a lot of weird people out there. I'm glad everything ended up being OK because you just never know what can escalate, especially when someone is acting like he did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit