A New Breed Of JW Emerging?

by Englishman 63 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

utopian man - i'm at WORK. I never said I didn't understand what you were saying. what is your problem?

DIM - cool droogie in "a clockwork orange"

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I don't have a defined problem. I am simply asking you to either read those verses again, especially verses 3-5, or understand that birthdays are NOT mentioned nor implied in those texts.

How difficult is that? If you insist on harboring the opinion that a birthday was celebrated, then make that clear and live your opinion. That is your personal business, but don't imagine or create convenient renderings and interpretations for certain bible verses, unless you have solid references other than speculation.

If you plan to post speculative thoughts, be prepared to defend them!

• DIM
    DIM

listen, i'm at work, no bible handy. (a) its all speculation anyway and (b) i really don't care. BUT - I think there could be a basis to argue that it is referring to birthdays when it says "each on their own day" or something like that. What do YOU think its talking about?

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Quo vadis secundum verbum:

Again, the days mentioned could have been any type of primitive, personal day with or without significance. If the verses do not specify, then the possibilities are numerous and wide open and NOT necessarily pointing strictly in the direction of birthdays.

Try typing those verses at:

http://bible.gospelcom.net

See for yourself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit