by Mysterious 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I like this song/video

Billy Ray Cyrus:The Other Side: 'Face of God'

http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?pmmsid=1127492

• Xena
    Xena

I had my daughter when I was a dub and felt guilty about it because I was supposed to wait until the new system. I was getting ahead of Jehovah with my personal wants and needs.

Now I worry more about how to prepare my daughter to live in a world where a vast amount of people don't seem to really care about anyone or anything but themselves. But I think no matter when you live as parents you worry about something. It's what we do.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Children are wonderful things to grow up. Much more satisfying than toy poodles or potted plants.

I've been watching momma and poppa robin raise their chicks right in our yard. Their first baby fell out of the nest too young, not yet fully fledged. He was all fluff, giant feet, and stubby tail. They industriously stuffed if full of worms until it was strong enough to fly and hop around on it's own. In the meantime, they fiercly fought off all potential predators, including our resident squirrel and a tribe of magpies.

Perhaps fearing "baby one" wouldn't make it, momma made another egg, just recently hatched. How do I know? Momma and poppa are flying bundles of worms back to the nest and stuffing it inside. Fat "baby one" sits contentedly on a branch nearby.

There's something deadly determined about a team of robins bent on tormenting a predator out of range of their babies.

Why do animals in the wild try so hard? Because they have a fierce hope that at least one will survive to pass on the legacy of "robin - hood" to the next generation.

Fertility rates are dropping in the developed world. Why do parents in the developed world not try so hard? Because they expect all their progeny to survive them.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Since leaving the JWs how has your opinion of "bringing children into this world" changed?

It floored me the other day to hear a 19 year old non-JW say she didn't want to bring kids into the world because of the state it was in. It struck me as a very JW thing to say, or at least something I would not expect from a young person.

I alway felt that I didnt want to bring children in this world, although my wife sneaked one past me.

It's a cold world and by bringing children here you just reenforce the evolutionary dogma that the only reason we are here is to reproduce.

I say fly in the face of that and enjoy your life with minimus responsiblitie.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

At 18 and as a pioneer, I said i wanted 5 children and a drop dead georgeous wife. The elders said not to tell this to others because it was encouraging a bad spirit. I said that was my goal and if asked, I would say this. They were glad when I was kicked off the list, 8 months after I quit. A has been at 19 YO

At 38, I have 4 children and everyone else that lied has been DF with at least 2 or more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit