Bringing Children Into This World

by Mysterious 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Since leaving the JWs how has your opinion of "bringing children into this world" changed?

It floored me the other day to hear a 19 year old non-JW say she didn't want to bring kids into the world because of the state it was in. It struck me as a very JW thing to say, or at least something I would not expect from a young person.

• Gill
    Gill

Mysterious - I think people do not realise what a state the world is in. It is in a far better state than it was for the past thousand + years. Not counting deprived and war zones, we are still far better off.

It is a good job that our ancestors did not have that same opinion for example in the 11th and 12th centurys or non of us would be here.

We have a better life expectancy, health care and really, if distributed properly there would be no reason for any starvation in the world.

We're on the up. But people do not take care to think of the balance. Bad things will ALWAYS happen but nowadays we demand change and justice which we could not do in the past.

The world is at its very best, so far BUT we will ALWAYS have to fight evil and expose it.

People do not live long enough to be able to make the comparison and others are not willing to read history.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I agree Gill we are much better off these days. I recall an episode of 20/20 I think that featured the top 10 reasons why the world is becoming a better place, I wish I had taped it or written them down. Even my philosophy teacher asked us to think about the indents in the sidewalks making it wheelchair accessible. He said when he was a kid these were not standard and their presence is a mark of us living in an advanced and caring society. I have to ask though Gill, how do you define evil?

• erandir
    erandir

I used to think the same way that I'd rather wait till the "new system" to have children. Now, my only concern is that I don't want to raise them JW, but that will be hard cuz my wife is still a dub.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are problems in the world but that is no excuse for not having children it's not that bad unless she was refering to her own socio economic context. Otherwise nowadays children can be home schooled if the state schools are too violent and indeed millions are around the world.

• Gill
    Gill

Mysterious - I would define 'evil' as anything that encroaches on the rights, lives and freedoms of others, including crimes and wars and any other abuses.

These things will ALWAYS happen. We, as the human race, will ALWAYS have to oppose them as well as fight disease, naturally occuring phenomenon that endanger others and death itself. They will always be there and we must never abdicate our responsibility each and every one of us that have a 'right mind' (meaning a mind that is not damaged by illnessess, personality disorders, psychosis etc) to stand TOGETHER and help the weak and those in trouble and danger. That is what makes the majority of humans so special. We empathise and care. People are not the rancid breed described by the WTBTS that deserves destruction.

I would say that 99.9 % of people are totally wonderful. I saw a woman fall in street this week and at least fifteen people rushed to help her. I watched news coverage of flooding in the UK this week and a man rushed into a river to save a drowning teenage boy. An elderly man rushed to get equipment to save a couple trapped in a car in a river.

The WT society and those who think like it are wrong!

People are wonderful!

It is the God they describe as wanting to destroy these people that is evil.

The news moves people to do what they can to help eachother. There will always be those that take advantage of others and the majority of people would, without a second thought risk their own lives to help others.

I love the human race! I think we're wonderful! I don't think we should be destroyed because we don't follow the book publishing company known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, or other similar cults who focus on negativity and fear. Now, they really are Evil!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

If I were to have another child now I'd just go shopping with Madonna or Angolie.

• caligirl
    caligirl

The world is a much better place now than it used to be. I think that the idea that life and the world is SO horrible is perpetuated by the media. As I see it, the only difference in the world today that makes it seem worse is that technology enables us to watch terrible events real-time, in our faces and over and over. Watch the network news, and you will think the world is a terrible place in which every other person you meet is out to do you bodily harm. But put crime in perspective with population, and you will find it is not so bad.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It floored me the other day to hear a 19 year old non-JW say she didn't want to bring kids into the world because of the state it was in. It struck me as a very JW thing to say, or at least something I would not expect from a young person.

Obviously, her biological clock hasn't alarmed yet. Once those klaxons are sounding, you're willing the take a gamble, despite the 'world's state.'

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Knowing what I know now................having children is more important to me than ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit