What birthday age depressed you the most?

by FreedomFrog 40 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

My birthday is coming up in a month. I'm 35 and I'm so depressed about turning 36. I've heard people really get down when they were turning 25, 30, and other ages but non of my birthday's bothered me this much until now.

Turning 36 is so depressing and I think it's because here I am single again trying to NOW start my career, my credit, my whole life over. By the time I do graduate I'll be close to 40 or even older. I have no retirement savings and the such. I can't even pay my bills the way it is and this is taking a toll on my credit history that use to be half way decent.

What is the birthday that bothered you the most?

• free2think
    free2think

I had a reality cheek when i turned 25. I started to panic and think what the hell have i been doing, time is passing me by and im not moving forward. Pretty soon after that I started fading, lol.

• monophonic
    monophonic

my 30's have been great...i turn 38 next month...though i've seen some 38 year olds who look 48 b/c they haven't taken care of themselves.

i think 40 will trip me out a little and i'll probably have a big birthday party for it....but i have a lot to do still and i'll be working pretty hard in my 40's and 50's.

i've had some bad years, but not b/c of age depression. 17 & 20 were probably the worst, with 23 as a close behind and 24 turning awesome from there.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I'm nearly 60. I've enjoyed all my birthdays, for some reason. They're rather fun. It might help you to know that I have started over from the bottom at least three times in my life, and here I am again, stony broke, life in turmoil. However, I know now that if I put one foot in front of the other, I'll get out of this mess too. You might think about the fact that in a few years you'll be 40 anyway, whether or not you go to school - so at 40 won't you be glad you made the effort to not waste these years? Keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll get there in the end.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Part of me being in this situation is my own fault. I had an opportunity to go to college around 27yrs old but because I was in the borg and I was told "no" by various people...I "obeyed". I should have just rebelled. I wasn't a very good Dub anyway because I hadn't believed it for a very long time. I stayed in for the most part so I wouldn't lose my husband...turns out that I lost him anyway AFTER we both came out.

I should have said "scew this", and got out when I felt I should have...I should have said "screw you" I'm going to college whether you like it or not. And I should have said "screw you (to the elders) when I was seperated the first time around with my ex. Things could have been so much better...and I wouldn't be this age clawing my way up to get a decent education so I can provide for me and the kids.

Ok, yes, I've been a bit anger of late. I'm sure it will pass. Just have to blow a bit of steam.

• z
    z

LOL when I had to renew my insurance …….what age groups are you?

35ye to 40

40yrto50 and so on….. not telling my group but its not in this post

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I can't say if ANY birthdays depressed me (except for all those that when I was still celebrating them before becoming a JW---that my parents fogot my birthaday) anf THAT was depressing.

The actual AGE porgression itself, hasn't bothered me yet---and I will be hitting 66 next month!

hugs,

Annie

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Birthdays don't depress me at all, never have. I look at it as another year wiser another day gained to live and love my family and friends and generally speaking to celebrate just being here, waking up every day is a gift no one is guaranteed so we should enjoy each one we get!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll get there in the end.

I've been saying that for the last 15 yrs...I hope is sooner than later.

• Irish Rose
    Irish Rose

None. It's much better to be alive at what ever age I am, than 20 and dead. Even though there are things I missed out, because of the JW world, it don't matter any more. I have a wonderful husband, and two really good boys (most of the time ). Now I'm not saying everything is great all the time, because there are days I'd rather forget. But they make the good times all that much better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit