E-watchman says Ray Franz is 'animalistic' LOL!

by yaddayadda 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

It wouldn't suprise me if he made the entry himself in an effort to direct more traffic to his sites. I thought the Rev Climax book was the wackiest thing I ever read until I read some of his stuff. Actually, Bethel should grab this guy. At least he's creative and writes at higher than a 3rd grade level.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I just don't get that guy, it makes no sense.

I can't wade through his circuitous reasonings

Roller

• AlanF
    AlanF

Robert King is a bright man, but completely insane. Sort of the Hannibal Lector of ex-JW cult leader wannabes.

AlanF

• changeling
    changeling

I did not wast my time reading that E-Watchman exerpt as I believe (as I've posted before and will post again) that: ROBERT KING IS CRAZY!!!!!!

Let's not support his lunacy by going to his website folks!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bttt

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

LOL, I hardly think he is insane. Is that the best criticism we can come up with?

When you think about it, he is not so different from most loyal JW's. He is completely convinced that JW's are the true religion despite all the obvious faults and has rationalised the faults away, like many JW's do, except he has done so more intelligently (or delusionally). Perhaps the biggest difference is he apparently sincerely believes the organisation's pitiful condition was foretold in ancient bible prophecy (the most bizarre part of his belief system). Oh, and he evidently has the motivation, money, and time to stick it all up on the internet.

What puzzles me about his attitude is that if JW's are indeed a modern-day 'nation of Israel' to whom bible prophecy applies (just for arguments sake let's assume they are), then shouldn't it be obvious that the Watchtower Society would, in that case, be the equivalent of the wicked first century Jewish religious rulers. The Jews of that time believed many true doctrines, like JW's do, but that didn't matter one sniff to Jesus. Although doctrinally the Jews were closer to the truth than everyone else around them, their 'organisation' of worship was doomed and destroyed. Robert King proclaims the Watchtower Society is also doomed. So why the heck does he keep defending the organisation and abusing those who denounce it?

Why doesn't he just say "The Watchtower Society are doomed according to Bible prophecy so in the final analysis it doesn't matter a jot whether you stick with it or not. Your salvation has nothing to do with the organisation so just try your best to be a good Christian with or without the organisation and you will be ok." Ray Franz takes this very position (minus the 'doomed according to Bible prophecy' bit) yet Robert King viciously attacks him. I don't get it.

I can only put it down to Mr King being thoroughly confused about where his loyalties lie. He must suffer from some terrible cognitive dissonance.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Yadda,

I hardly think he is insane. Is that the best criticism we can come up with?

Read some of his past posts to this Board, there is abundant evidence to show that Robert King is delusional. All the criticism ever needed is contained in the numerous posts from the past. You have shown up here at the end of the party and presume that it has just started. Check out the empty glasses and the crumbs on the plates.

I can only put it down to Mr King being thoroughly confused about where his loyalties lie. He must suffer from some terrible cognitive dissonance.

No, he is insane.

HS

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

No, he is insane.

I missed him on this forum, if "missed" is the right word, but I have
    crossed swords with him elsewhere, and HS is right - he is insane.

• greendawn
    greendawn

He is basically a JW that doesn't like the GB but embraces the whole of the JW ideology so he sees as enemies all those criticising the org he was expelled from. He is a strange species but he functions with the JW mindset and can't see their numerous flaws.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I've always felt the E-Watchman is invaluable as a stepping stone for helping people leave the WT religion, who can't do otherwise in one decisive move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit