Update: So I've been going to some meetings (and other things)

by WingCommander 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

casual dating was never allowed at my congregation either..nor is anyone allowed to communicate w/disfellowshipped family members,under any circumstance..the majority of folks here have had this same experiance..sounds like you were lucky or had an unusualy enlightened mom..we are all here,because we feel like we have been thru a war.and the war is still going on for any of us who still have loved ones in the cult..its all or nothing for the jw's..and life just isnt that way....

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Myiah (sp?)

You sound like the typical socially immature person that most JW's become. May I suggest that you choose better friends and men to have relationships with. Choosing the wrong type of man does not come about because you no longer attend the meetings, someone that uses drugs, goes to clubs, etc.... does not come about because they cut their ties with this cult!

And hijacking a person's thread is not a good practice, you may want to start your own thread to introduce yourself, it's called common coursity, they don't teach that at the kingdumb hall either!

nj

Sorry but your rambling about the good in being a JW but not practicing being a JW post really ticked me off Piss or get off the pot!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Amen nj !!!!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well let's see she went to bars and fornicated, got knocked up, and her mom didnt shun her, yeah I can see why she isnt bitter.

but what about those that left that didnt leave for those reasons, those that didnt like all the lies and hypocrisies?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

sounds like her congregation might have gotten into the brown acid,and just let it slide...

• moshe
    moshe

Well the KH might look and feel like a chocolate eclair, but when you get around to biting into it you will find out it is full of stale air- no filling! Even horses will run back into a burning barn- just because it was home and was a good place to get some "oats in due season". Keep asking questions and expressing your opinion at the KH and the elders will take away that warm fuzzy feeling you have right now.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sorry for the loss of your mom. That you had such a good service for her was great comfort to you and all those she loved, I am sure:) You had to go way out of the JW box to achieve that kind of service,and you do realize how unorthodox it was for a JW to have such a service.

While I could never be angry for you making this decision, I hope you will realize that you will always be on the periphery of the organization/congregation. I am thinking mostly now of your child. Having a liberal or otherwise unorthodox JW parent will render your child on the outs with others in the congregation. Most churches are fine with a diversity of friends and activities. You know that while they will tolerate your presence-and your child's- in the congregation, that you will never really be 'embraced'. Which might be fine for you. But being informed, would you really want to subject yourself and your child to evangelizing it? You said that over a third of the congregation seemed pretty miserable to even be there. Did you find that to be the case in 'Christendom'? Do you want those odds on your child's happiness? Being guilt-ed into meeting attendance isn't a good way to live.

You have the opportunity to explore this w/o committing yourself heavily to it while you consider your choices. I hope you choose wisely for you and your family, whatever that is.

Do remember that after losing a loved one, you are more vulnerable than probably any other time in your life to be caught up in religion. Grief counselors suggest that you should never make any hard or fast decisions for at least a year after such a loss-whether financial or other commitments such as marriage, job changes etc. I think religion is reasonably included.

I wish you well and offer you my condolences on your loss, again. I know how hard it is to lose a parent-but you have experienced more loss than I can imagine. My heart is with you and I hope you find great joy in your life-whatever path you choose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit