Update: So I've been going to some meetings (and other things)

by WingCommander 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

W/C,

I'm very sorry about what has happened in your life. Do what YOU have to do, but please stick around JWD.

Warlock

• Gill
    Gill

(((((((( Wing commander and Son ))))))) Sorry to read about your mother.

Everyone has to do what they have to do! Going back with your eyes wide open is the safest bet! Don't let them get you down and stay in touch!

Best wishes to you

Gill

• lesterd
    lesterd

What you know, is, what you know. Know this, there is one God and One mediator, nowhere is there mentioned an organization. Your relationship with God is one on one, cut out the crap and the middle man who has placed themselves for a profit. You have seen and felt God through your approch in prayer, no elder or org did it for you. Hold your head up and see past man made, earthly organizations, no one stand between you and God but Christ.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

So sorry to hear about your Mother's passing, time truly does heal always remember the good times you had with her.

Don't be mad at me. I'm in part trying to get over being bitter about my upbringing....and the more I think about it, the more I feel it is something that should be left in my past, to be forgiven and for me not to make the same mistakes.

I for one don't judge you for the spiritual journey you are taking, we all have to come to our own conclusions and ones that we can live with for life to be congruent and meaningful to us. I wish you well in this journey and peace of mind.

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME BACK.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope you find the path you are looking for. Best wishes.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Sorry to hear about your situation. Please be aware of the underlying feelings and emotions that are drawing you back to the Watchtower corporation and carefully analyse your purely "emotional" reasons versus what your logical mind is telling you.

Finally, I believe any adult has the right to choose whichever religion they want. However, please dont expose an innocent child to this organization, even on sundays. There is no justification for exposing a child to even the potential for brainwashing. I think it will be devastatingly damaging to a childs mind to have been living a normal life for so many years, then finding themselves back in the bizarre, upside down universe of the JWs.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Wing Commander))) my condolences on you losing your mum.

You've made a balanced decision about going back and it sounds as if you have an ok congregation there (shows they can't all be bad!). Also at least you are going back with your eyes open - prepared to question anything that may not be right and that's a good position to be in.

Every blessing on your future journey.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm sorry to hear about your mom!

I would never be mad at anyone for the decision you make personally. I do have to wonder why anyone would go back to such a cult, I really don't understand what the big deal is about the trinity, to me that is just one aspect of a religion, when you look at the whole picture, can you honestly not only go back but go back "half assed"?

I've been out for quite awhile now, but I don't see any dramatic changes (still have family in) in what they believe and/or teach. I they definetly will not quietly sit by while you pick and choose what to celebrate or have your child participate in. The may be quite now, because they want you back "in the fold", but I don't see it lasting. It's sorta like when you are first studying, they give you that leaway then once they have you all hell breaks loose, unfortunately at that point it's too late to back out without consequences.

Good luck and I hope your child does not come out of this damaged!

nj

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sorry to hear about your mother.

In dealing with the Watchtower remember that it will never change. No matter how much you would like it to change and be open to people with different viewpoint it simply will never become what I feel you think it can be. Eventually you will learn this but you may have to spend some time with them to really find out for yourself. Good luck to you.

-Drew

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Wing,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother!! And I am sorry you feel so alone right now. You have every right to make sure of the path you are on. We will not judge you here. I suspect that you are being given a measure of space right now, while you are still greiving. And certainly they don't want to pressure you into anything just yet, because of your recent loss of you mother, as well as you showing intrest in returning. Perhaps they will let you sit on the fence, but if they do, it will be a first. In time, they will most likely expect more and more from you. In time, when you don't comply that's when the whispering, backbiting, rumors, gossip, and even lies will begin. How old are your children? Will it be confusing for them if you return, and then possibly leave again? What if you do decide to leave again, and one of your children decide to stay, maybe not physically, but mentally and return later in life only to shun you, by influence of others in order to pressure you back once again?? These are all things I am sure you have weighed out. So.. whatever you decide to do, please prepare your heart and don't let your guard down, as we definately don't want you to be hurt again. Please keep us informed as to how you are doing, because we truely care about each and every person on this forum, and that definately includes you!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit