Has money taken over...

by emptywords 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• emptywords
    emptywords

Thanks TJ for you're response

I think it's over-zealous elders more then direction from the WTB&TS.

Hopefully this is true, but still these zealots within the congregation is not on. We have elders that don't watch the news or TV havne't been to a movie in decades, the fanatism is troublesome. If all is based on love and that spirit is directing these ones, I'm sure none of this would be going on.

• heathen
    heathen

I think it's really sick for them to say they need new fancy buildings on one hand and then talk about how there will be extreme persecution and they will lose everything anyway on the other. I've heard them talk about going "underground" when the tribulation hits , so what's the point in getting in debt over buildings? Remember the end is sooooooooooooooooooooooo close now .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TJIamcleared2land:

You are right, I think there are a few "over zealous" brothers out there who may be going further than what is required. I heard a tacky story from somebody.

But, I did hear stories of "timely" visits to elderly sick JWs. I also paid attention with my eyes as to who got the most attention. Believe me, it was never the poor, ragged people. It was always somebody who could give something or do something. I also heard of non-JW relatives who moved an elderly JW relative who was failing in health so that they would not be contacted by other JWs. These relatives were fearful their elderly JW relative would be unduly influenced by "visits" to give their inheritance away.

LHG

• emptywords
    emptywords

This is petty in comparison, but after I stopped regular pioneering for the second time, I recieved a letter from the society asking to return any books, mags liturature, as we used to get them half priced. I threw them out. forget all the hours I put in over the years, though that was my dicision I know, but still was there was no hi how are you, thank you for youre years of service....

• heathen
    heathen
    thank you for youre years of service..

More like , get the hell out of here you ibocile . LOL They always talk about compassion but when it comes to protecting what they think is the image of the WTBTS they really are unforgiving and cruel. I just love the way they tell everybody else not to be critical then turn on you with their judgemental BS.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

My father actually posted a topic a while back about the WT trying to rob people of their inheritance. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/60074/1.ashx

• myah
    myah

When I was growing up, the mormon kids w/ highschool summer jobs would willingly tithe 10% of all their earnings direct from their paychecks. At Catholic churches, they pass a collection plate and whoever does not donate is noticed. The worse ones are the telethons on tv where they collect millions of dollars in 1 day and who knows where it goes. You can go and not contribute at all, ever and no one would even know or really care, people dont go around, 'so... how much did you contribute to the society this month?' At least they dont give all the elders and people a "fat salary" while the elders are driving around in Bentleys and Mercedes while the getting fat off of the poor congregation members. It's no secret that they need money to rent the venues and so forth.

• myah
    myah

Further, to insinuate that JW's would predatorily attack older ones for their loot is ridiculous... you make it sound as though it there motive for being caring. How paranoid is that. I have had more kindness extended to me than ever when there is nothing I can give in return. I'm sure some people make sizeable and generous donations out of the kindness of their hearts. I helped to take care of a older JW couple while their own childen lived in WA and the elderly couple lived in AZ, they could not be left alone so all of the brothers and sisters took shifts taking care of both husband and wife for almost a year. Of course their children inherited the home and the personal effects left behind when they died. It was always a warm memory the time that was spent with them, even when her hubby became really bad with the Altheimers (however you spell it). It felt good to help.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well the WT Society rakes in nearly a billion a year, and yet they give so little for charity, it makes you wonder where most of this money is going.

• heathen
    heathen

I hear tell on the board that they invest in worldly corporations . Rand Cam being one , I think phillip morris being another. I think they did just build a new 600 million dollar printing facility in upstate new york.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit