Has money taken over...

by emptywords 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• emptywords
    emptywords

I have found that at every assembly being circuit, district or one day, they are always, always in deficit, why is this, at the last circuit assembly they said that it cost 6,000 for electicity for two days, and that to me was just embarrassing, I asked the sister next to me if what I heard was correct, and yes she said in debt for the weekend because of electricity.

Another thing is the soliciting of property from older ones, I know that they do this with anyone that has property (especially older ones that have no heirs). to leave their assets to the WTS, because the governments will take it if you die. But also what they can leave to the WTS would be appreciated if they have family heirs left, I have seen this soliciting in the WT mags on occastions.

What is you're experience if any on this.

Cheers

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

this was probably about 5 years ago - so i hold no claim that it is still true - BUT i served in the accounting department during a couple of assemblies and there was a huge thing that bothered me. When they announced the "current" contributions in the afternoon break they excluded anything taken in at lunch that day (which would be the time i imagine when a great money contribute). what was announced was anything gathered before the session started. i specifically remember a brother getting very upset in the money counting room about it because he thought it was not honest - annoucing a deficit when it was already probably taken care of. and i started paying more attention and it did always seem like there was a 2-3 thounsand dollar deficit in the afternoon session but the next assembly it was always 'we ended the last assembly with a surplus of 5-6 thousand' so we sent 1-2 thousand off to the WTBTS

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

once a year the Borg has a money article in the CrapTower (usually at the end of the year). And then there will be a service Money Meeting about the article to emphasize the part. I think I as assigned that part one year...cant remember if I actually gave it or was "sick" that night.

The Borg even has a brochure you could order from the Treasurer's office about "financial planning" (yeah, right)...I think you can still order it (the elders used to keep a copy, but no more).

Want a really good laugh, order it. Want a bigger laugh? when you get it, write a really really really nice letter on fancy paper telling them that you appreciate so much the hard work they do and that you wanted to make a substantial donation...enclose a smaller sealed envelope with a check in it..no, not a real check silly, but one of those great Danny Hazzard checks!

Can you imagine if the Treasurer's Office started getting hundreds or thousands of these letters with fake checks. (If I go to the DC, I will make sure to bring some of those fake checks printed on a color copier).

SnakesInTheTower (of the Prankster Sheep Class)

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

If this statement is to be seen as true:

"Jehovah will provide."

then they would let things run their course, and there would be no Tacoma Dome parking scandals, etc.

Let people do what their hearts tell them.

• juni
    juni

This is one of the reasons I decided to make my exit. When I came in back in 1970, they were never asking for $. In the '90s it became common place for them to read letters from the Society begging for money to complete the Patterson project.

My husband got so p***** off w/this constant barage that he left also. I had already stopped going.

Others will be posting on this, so be patient. I haven't been to a CA or DA for 14 years, but I've heard about what you are saying. About the supposed deficits.

Have a great day!

Juni

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear emptywords,

My Grandfather died because of the blood stand...that is another story. But in his will, he left all four of his daughters, and his wife money. In addition, he willed a large sum to be given to the Watchtower. After recieving the monies, the Watchtower had the nerve to call my aunt wanting to see the will and make sure that there were no more monies or property that were supposed to be given them, that the family were "holding out"!! Talk about a INSULT!!! WHat a slap in the face it was to our family!! My parents, my husband and I were all still in the organization at that time! It was nothing but GREED! I wish my mother would get on here and give you the exact verbage they used! It was very hard to understand at that time why they would do such a callouse insulting thing! Yet now, after we have left it is quite clear! It is all money driven!

As far as the deficiet at the assemblies go.. they are told not to count all the money contributed until after that last announcement so that they can announce they are in a defict. That wasy the rank and file will dig in even deeper into their pockets to help make up the difference! It is another perfect example of deciept! There is a couple who used to work in accounting at the assemblies. It finally got to her and her husband and they eventually left the organization because of the dishonesty among of course other things.

Then too..there is the whole parking lot scandel at the Tacoma Dome. The Society was charging for parking in a parking lot where they themselves recieved the parking for free. But they made the rank and file believe they had to pay for parking in order to cover the parking lot expence. When in reality, they were stealing from their own brothers. Many who got their literally on gas fumes as it was, let alone have extra for parking everyday!!

Here is more of the parking lot scandal story: http://www.reexamine.org/wtobserver/apps/pbcs.dll/articlea0c8.html?AID=/20040322/JWANDSOCIETY9/10520008

This quote comes to mind..."Oh what a tangeled web we weave..if at first we practivce to decieve!!!"

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Here is two more places regarding the Tacoma Dome Story:

http://www.pfo.org/freepark.htm

http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    The Borg even has a brochure you could order from the Treasurer's office about "financial planning" (yeah, right)...I think you can still order it (the elders used to keep a copy, but no more).

Snakes,

I still have a copy of that brochure, "Planning for Charitable Giving", that I can scan if anybody wants to see it.

Troy

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I had no idea they were lying about the contributions at assemblies. Some of those brothers and sisters go through a lot paying to attend the assemblies for themselves and their families. So with faith and trust they get fleeced by those lying hypocrites!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Lady Liberty, do you know what year the tacoma scandal happened?

i've heard of it before but dont know the time period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit