Just reviewing my years of non-appointment as an elder.

by AK - Jeff 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

OTWO,

I do not know of the book you mention, but if it reads as you say it does, then it is true. I have a friend who is an MS. He was joe q pub for years. He got remarried,and started becoming more involved. A sister and her ex bethelite hubby moved back into the hall. Her dad was the PO. My friend and his wife started doing everything with them. Within 1 year he was an MS. He is less qualified than I am, and I haven't been active for years. I know of wrongdoing that he never took care of, but because of his association he is in. It's all about the politics and like every other person here has said, kiss-ass and you are in. Forget about doing the right thing, you'll never make it. Funny thing about my friend and his wife. Their time spent with the other couple dropped drastically after the appointment.

CCS

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Actually, becoming an Elder and getting the key to the congregation files is great motivation. Access to judicial cases that aren't hermetically sealed, letters from the branch, CO conversations behind "closed doors" ! Sure, those of you that haven't been appointed can assume what goes on, but I need to have an eyewitness account. Our files are so unkept, we have records from the 70s! I love getting some Starbucks and going to the Hall to do "research"! Sometimes I take files home. Copiers, scanners, and flash cards are great ways to save "interesting" documents. I hope our next CO has a laptop with an unsecured wireless connection!

• emptywords
    emptywords

I wish I could share this thread with a friend of ours - unfortunately he's still on the inside and really hasn't accepted (correct that: chooses not to really recognize that we are totally OUT - That way he can continue talking with us) - anyway, he's 48 - raised in the truth - never been married - and has never made it past MS. He's been removed and reappointed in 4 different states. His single desire in life is to be appointed elder and he'll never get there. Although every decision he makes in his life is governed by his ministry (from what job he takes to what car he drives to where he lives), his personality grates on some - he's loud. He doesn't have a glass of the kool-aid, he's got and regularly drinks from a bucket of it. The WT is the law for him - there is no separation . . . but try as he does, he'll never get there. An it's an absolute source of frustration in his life

That is so sad.....poor man what a waste, maybe he needs some sort of pshyological help, just sad.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Actually, becoming an Elder and getting the key to the congregation files is great motivation. Access to judicial cases that aren't hermetically sealed, letters from the branch, CO conversations behind "closed doors" ! Sure, those of you that haven't been appointed can assume what goes on, but I need to have an eyewitness account. Our files are so unkept, we have records from the 70s! I love getting some Starbucks and going to the Hall to do "research"! Sometimes I take files home. Copiers, scanners, and flash cards are great ways to save "interesting" documents. I hope our next CO has a laptop with an unsecured wireless connection!

Could you come down under and start associating with own congo....ha ha..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit