What didn't you do because you were a JW that you now regret?

by jwfacts 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• mavie
    mavie

Nothing. My life is like the a tree. All the things that have happened in the past have led me to this point, typing these words into my computer. Without the bottom of the tree supporting me, I wouldn't be here.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I could have had sex with girls growing up as a JW, just never saw myself being like that. The wife that left me after 23 years (when I found out the truth about "The Truth") was the first girl I ever kissed!

The things I regret are simply, things I can't do anything about now.

When I was young, I was very good at baseball, maybe could have made a living at it. But, school sports was a no-no for witnesses. And of course, wish i'd left the witnesses sooner. So what can you do? I plan on getting involved in city league games where I live (ok, so it's +50 league!).

You can't change the past, so I made sure, once I was away from the witnesses that my kids would have a chance to do what they wanted in school & life. G

• Marcel
    Marcel

i wish i had embraced my teenager times more than i did.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Nothing. My life is like the a tree. All the things that have happened in the past have led me to this point, typing these words into my computer. Without the bottom of the tree supporting me, I wouldn't be here.

mavie

• eclipse
    eclipse

I regret not staying with a non-JW boyfriend just because I was getting baptized. He got really hurt. If I could go back in time, I would undo that. We would of eventually probably broken up over relationship stuff, or boredom since we were just teenagers, but the fact that I just dropped him for NO REASON other than religion, when he was the nicest guy too, made me feel like the biggest a$$hole.

And I regret not giving gifts back to those who gave me christmas and birthday presents. jw's are selfish ba$tard$ aren't they!

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    but the fact that I just dropped him for NO REASON other than religion, when he was the nicest guy too, made me feel like the biggest a$$hole.

I can really relate to what eclipse said. I gave up my girlfriend, who was also my best friend at the time to be a good dub. I regret not staying with her.

I also wanted to play baseball in high school. I loved baseball as a kid, but mom wouldn't even let me try out for the team. Something about "bad associations spoiling useful habits"...

TCK

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Not starting to save for retirement until I was in my early fifties.

Skeptic1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit