Friendly talk with a couple of elders

by TooBad TooSad 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• ariana
    ariana

Brin

If it was'nt wrtten then I would not believe them either

• ariana
    ariana

Brin that I read from the bible but jesus used his own words but he did say he was sent by his father in heaven. And in the beginning of the bible God spoke with jesus when he said let us make man in our image.How can he talk to himself when using the word "OUR"

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Brin Can I ask you what is your story.What made you go on your own and reject them.I already alot of people dislike them but they are only peopli like us whats the real reason?

Yes, you can ask me. It was their lies. I spent the first 23 years of my life following them. I got baptised at age 17, I auxillary pioneered for a while. I did all that. As far as the elders were concerned however, I was never good enough for them. I had rumours spread about me that would start from the most innocent of situations. 1975. Do you know about that one? The society said that armageddon would occur during 1975. I knew several witnesses who cashed in their life insurance, sold their house you name it all because the society told them armageddon was coming then. When it didn't, they backflipped and claimed they never said it. I knew plenty of sisters who were being abused by their husbands. They were told by the elders they had no scriptual grounds to leave them. That it was their fault. I had a family member that would abuse me. Come into my room at night and start belting me while I was sleeping. I was told it was my fault. I even knew of sexual abuse that was happening and yet again, the elders chose to blame the victim. Would you feel sympathetic towards a man that rapes an eight year old child? Say his only problem is that he needs a good woman? They did. Take a good look around on the forum. Go to the main page and look at the older threads. I'm not the only one who has experienced these things. Most of us here have a similar story. A lot have experiences far worse. Someone can harp on about lights getting brighter, inperfect men running a perfect society etc but I don't believe for a second that a god of love would allow this to happen in his own organisation. How can anyone say they are channeled to god when they are allowing this? Why can't anyone question their beliefs without threat of expulsion? You would think if it was the truth and they truly believed what they wrote, they wouldn't mind anybody looking to question it. They would encourage anyone to research in any way they chose. After all, the more vigorously a person tries to prove it wrong, they more they would find they can't and go running back quick smart. Those are just a few of the reasons.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Well it's nearly 5:30am here, I'm gonna retire now. Please consider what I have wrote ariana. We are not trying to deceive you, as eclipse said above.

Heres a good link http://www.freeminds.org/ wonder over to it and have a read. Theres links to even more experiences of ex-jws.

Take care.

Brinjen

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I'm just curious, who here believes the world might actually come to an end? I don't mean soon or anything like that, but does anyone believe that something IS actually going to happen?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Brin Can I ask you what is your story. What made you go on your own and reject them.I already alot of people dislike them but they are only peopli like us whats the real reason? ~ Ariana

I know you asked Brin, but, would you be so kind, as to consider my answer, too ? My JW Mom died a few years ago, because, of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses prohibition of blood transfusions. If my Mom had taken blood into her body, according to what was then WT law, she thought, she would be displeasing to Jehovah and would have been disfellowshipped. And, with The End Being So Close ™, as always...she was afraid she might be murdered by her Almighty Loving ™ God at Armageddon. So, she died faithful, right ? Now, please reconcile the following and tell me why I should not hate the Watchtower Society: 1) My Mom died from a lack of oxygen to her brain...she smothered to death while her family, friends, doctors & nurses watched. 2) Red Blood cells would have saved her. Hemoglobin, which comprises 97% of a red blood cell would have saved her, too, by transporting oxygen to her brain & body. 3) It's still against WT Law for a Witness to accept Red Blood cells, right ? 4) Did you know... that if my Mom was still alive today and faced with the same situation...THE WATCHTOWER NOW ALLOWS JW'S TO TAKE HEMOGLOBIN ????? As a Conscience Matter ? So...the Watchtower's Truth ...expired ! You could not take Hemoglobin one day...and the next day ? It's OK...because the Governing Body that you admire so much...have thought of a New Light Truth ™ ...that people are expected to die faithfully over, just like the Olde Light Truth ™ . If the Governing Body actually is at the other end of a Godly spiritual pipeline...then God murdered my 'faithful' Mom by changing the rules. Otherwise...the Governing Body murdered my Mom...pretending to speak for God. And lastly...for many years the WT said, organ transplants would "displease Jah, because it was cannibalism" and you'd get DF if you got one. Then, one day that Truth ™ expired, too. The very next day, IF YOU WERE STILL ALIVE...transplants were A-OK. Lot's of JW's died over that one. They are liars, hypocrites, pretenders or delusional. Whatever...they are dangerous. So, please...explain how the WT's Governing Body deserves my belief, faith or respect. Sincerely, Rabbit

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Brin that I read from the bible but jesus used his own words but he did say he was sent by his father in heaven. And in the beginning of the bible God spoke with jesus when he said let us make man in our image.How can he talk to himself when using the word "OUR"

Relax Ariana, You do not need to defend your belief that God and Jesus are seperate people. We KNOW these scriptures already.

I do not believe in the trinity. I was just stating that if you read the other translations, you would see more of the trinity, than in the New World Translation.

Remember, we used to believe aas JW's just like you. Preaching to us will be a waste of time for you. Do you understand this?

The only thing you need to learn is think for yourself, use your own thoughts, do not believe everything you read that is translated or written by the Watchtower Society.

Read the other posters. Go to freeminds.org. DO research why you believe what you believe.

If it is the truth, you will lose nothing by doing so.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You wrote: "She is still convinced that the end is imminent, using the Freddy Franz explanation about how long after Adam, Eve was created."

That's the easiest thing in the world to flip. The Witnesses teach that Jesus created everything except himself. That means Jesus created Adam AND EVE. Jesus said he didn't know when the end would come. IF it was tied to the date of the creation of EVE, Jesus would know when that was. Right?

The end can't be tied to anything created after Jesus because if it was, he would know. . . and he doesn't know.

Garybuss, I have had this conversation. While you are correct, the indoctrinated cult member's response is "Ah, the DAY and the HOUR were not known, but the year and possibly season or even a general idea of which week could have been known, plus (here's the kicker) Jesus may not have been privileged with a complete understanding of the exact details of information that was, as yet to be written in the New Testament, if for no other reason than to be able to say that he did not know. He could have only known of the Old Testament information indicating a good knowledge without a specific one tied to dates. He would know the time better later, but then did not.

What I say can be legalistic nonsense to most of you, but what is the Watchtower literature if not legalistic nonsense.?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I've noticed that not many of the 2nd generation jw's stay in it very long after coming of age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit