Packing ?

by rwagoner 24 Replies latest social physical

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Now I understand the club of concealed carry. I was stoped for going 10 mph over the limit. The officer come up to me, and I handed him my drivers licence and my concealed weapons permit. He went back to his car and came back. We started talking guns. So we argued about Glock verses Springfield's XD. Nice guy. Last winter a very aggressive man came up to me wanting money. I said I have no money for you. He said yes you do. I then shouted back off! showing him the handle of the XD 9mm. He got the message and ran off.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

SWEET!

A packing post and it's not about preparing your posessions for relocation to a new residence!

I pack everywhere I go 24/7.

http://www.machinedreamer.com/archives/2003/11/04/20_questions.php

There only two kinds of places I wont go packing, if it posts our sated mandated "no guns" sign I avoid it if at all possible or otherwise comply by disarming, and the other place is anyplace where I think I will need a gun, I just don't go there.

In answer to a question already posted (even tho I am technically a 'below' poster), Yes I have defended myself.

No shots fired, but racking a pump shotgun can sound that loud to a perp

http://www.machinedreamer.com/archives/2007/05/06/crime_tried_to_happen_to_me_thursday.php

Had some potential trouble another time but wound up not need to display the firearm.

http://www.machinedreamer.com/archives/2004/09/03/wouldbe_intruders.php

Lucky me, lucky THEM.

I'm not a big fan of Glocks, but I've had enough dogma in the WTS, I won't argue about it.

Had a Springfield Aromory 1911 in Commander size, but the one I had was flaky as hell, failed to extract on a constant basis.

Carried a Ruger GP101 wheelgun in .357 for quite a spell, currently toting a Beretta M96 although for home defense nothing beats a scattergun.

As a pretty huge guy in a wheelchair, holsters are kinda problematic, but believe it or not, I can completely dissapear that full-sized .40 Beretta and two hi-cap clips in my pockets.

Mn law requires one to retreat if at all possible, but in a wheelchair, my options become limited. I can't imagine what I'd do if I lived someplace where repelling an attacker with the best tool for the job wasn't among those options.

Like NYC, ir within the Control Tower.

Keep your powder dry,

Roller

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha, I have an old throw-down from my cop bro-in-law.

I don't even know what it is... it's a .22 though.

I keep it locked up in the closet.

-K

• G Money
    G Money

Best to pack with a CCW to avoid issues if you are caught. I prefer to live in higher end areas where I don't have to carry. I did carry once or twice in unusual situations and did carry a .380 auto as it was small and while it doesn't have too much stopping power, 2 or 3 shots will do the trick. At home I have a few nice pieces including a mossburg pump with pistol grip, well actually short stock. The pistol grip kills my hand when I shoot heavy loads.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit