Packing ?

by rwagoner 24 Replies latest social physical

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Just curious if any other xjw's carry concealed weapons on a regular basis ?

Because of my work (job that pays the bills) and my business (will pay the bills somday) I got into the habit shortly after leaving the dubs. Now I am a solid supporter of a law abiding, qualified citizen's right to legally carry. Interested in other's thoughts. What/how you carry if you do ?

Glock 27 .40 cal in either an iwb slide holster or a safepacker.

Stay Safe,

rgw

• blondie
    blondie

Hi rwagoner. I'm so glad to see you posting. I worked in law enforcement as a JW but was carrying a weapon was not part of the job. Many prisons around the US forbid firearms inside the prison except for a few people posted on the towers.

Blondie

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Thanks Blondie,

Bad health and bad time management kept me away for awhile....better now.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Sometimes I wish I had a gun when I've had to deal with some of the crazies at our resort. lol

• JK666
    JK666

As for me and my household, Glock Model 38 .45 GAP. Hollowpoints mushroom to .75" JK

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

jk

Another Glocker !

we live in a condo complex (dont want to over penetrate)...and, based on most stats, would likely use them close quarters so the wife and I stagger our mags with Glaser safety slugs and hydra-shocks.

• JK666
    JK666

RGW,

My fellow Glockster,

I don't want to over penetrate, I JUST WANT STOPPING POWER!. A .45 sould stop anything short of an enraged bear!

JK

• JK666
    JK666

RGW,

BTW, I have a Fobus clip-on holster that I attach to the back of my jeans for those "pesky moments." Usually keep the clip in my pocklet for rapid insertion.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

The rounds that I pack are usually Remington or Winchester hollow points. I have a friend that is a Detective, and I get free range time with him. I usually use Winchester FMJ's for practice to save money.

JK

• rwagoner
    rwagoner
    usually use Winchester FMJ's for practice to save money

I hear you there. Its criminal how much decent ammo costs. Ever read glocktalk or packing D/O boards ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit