Progress of Snakes Fade .. A Realization and Help from an unexpected source

by SnakesInTheTower 28 Replies latest members private

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So, going to meetings about once or maybe twice a month to pick up lit and make an appearance. No FS,,,phantom informal time only..... this is snowballing, I hope it does not get out of control...

If you read this far, thanks for taking the time. If not, thanks for your support anyway. Any comments/PMs are appreciated as I continue this journey to freedom.

I was there so recently. I abandoned the FS time and became inactive. By the time 6 months of zero field service took place,
    I was done going to meetings. I was a former elder, and I don't think they are after me, but we will see what's up with the
    next C.O. visit. I timed the total lack of meetings to start after the last C.O. visit, giving the elders a chance to get used to
    my absence before he arrives again. This particular C.O. doesn't like me anymore, and will probably not want to meet with me.
    I wrote a scathing letter about how he only gave me 15 minutes of his time after 12 years as an elder, because he had a dinner
    engagement. I almost blew my fade when I last spoke to him- on his way out the door to that dinner, I said "Go take care of the
    99." Somehow, it might work out for the best.

On JWD, I was encouraged to stop loading up with ammunition for discussions with the elders. Just don't say anything and
    they will usually leave you alone. While it won't work with everyone, it is working with me. If they insist on talking to you,
    and you can't duck the conversation, then just nod and agree and say thanks. It gives them nothing to work with.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

To ALL: thank you so much for your comments and PMs...I am going to need it.,..I think the journey is about to hit some turbulence.....some I will mention specifically, but I appreciate all the comments....I try to reply to PMs quickly...if I can support YOU, let me know,....

Mrs. Smith:

Read every word of your post

thanks for your patience since you read it all, even if it was a little long....... and I hope you are right about the "faded memory"....baby steps maybe...but read on....

Oracle:

...are you attempting the slow and steady fade? or are you working up to the abrupt exit?

well, I was attempting slow and steady, but I have missed so many meetings the last 2 months (starting last month with my out of town business trip) that I am starting to get used to the free time I suddenly have. no FS in 6 months... but not inactive..thanks to my "imaginary friend" Phantom Return Visit each month, I get a couple a three hours each month for the report....to paraphrase the Borg's reasoning on lying for the sake of the Kingdom during persecution....:" It's not a lie if they have no right or need to know."

so maybe it is going to be abrupt after all....I am guessing CO visit is coming soon, so I better go Sunday to look at the Info board for the schedule....

purps:

Thanks for sharing your story .. I appreciate your posts

thanks purps,,,,that means a lot coming esp from a board veteran....

JK666..

Snakes, We got your back a state away! JK

which state? (send a PM on this if you want) Crumpet....

December in Dallas maybe you'll come and spend New Year and meet some of us then

that would be ssssso cool.... Dallas is about a 10 hour drive from my mystery location..... I hate flying (something about SnakesOnAPlane or some such drama...) but will fly if I get a cheap plane tic,.......Maybe get to meet the infamous Crumpet! (I'd love to go back to London again..this time not under the thumb of the Borg Tour Guides.) SnakesInTheTower (of the "I hate Flying" Sheep Class)

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Snake,

Read the whole post: you need to become a novelist. :-)

Hang tough, bro.

And, yes, if you are down MO way, give us a few days notice and stop by for some coffee and a meal.

Take care,

V

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

VM

Novelist....nah...just need to post shorter stories...

For some reason, I suspect our paths have crossed.....but cant say more here on the board (you have a PM)

SnakesInTheTower (of the "not a novelist" Sheep Class)

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

YAY SNAKES!

makin connections, out in the world...

YOU GO!

w00t!

Soon enough you'll be so faded that when they come looking for you, they will not even see you!

Roller (of the 'hunting wabbits' sheep class)

• ninja
    ninja

nyah nyah nyah.....brinjy was in a cuuult....brinjy was in a cuuult......oops....so was I.....muhahaha

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're on the fast-track to a real life Snakes.

I'm happy for you brother.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Snakes - Welcome here. You will find many true friends and companions here. Many of us have been where you are. Yes, yes, yes, read CoC - immediately! It's life changing and will give you a peace of mind that you're looking for.

I'm going to go see if I can read your prior posts - I'd like to see how this began.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's great that you've got real-life backup. I love my new friends, but none of them have ever had any kind of church connection in their lives, so it's hard to find people to talk to about it. I just love it when people 'get it'.

If he pushes, I will tell him to back off and stay out of it.

No: if you want this to happen quietly, don't push anybody away rudely. Thank them for their concern, but you're just not at your best lately and will get in touch when you are in a better frame of mind. Always be polite, but never say anything. Agree with every stupid thing they say, ending the conversation as quickly and quietly as you can. Don't push their buttons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit