Well this totally sucks...

by bluesbreaker59 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Do the report then come back and commiserate! carmel

• sassy-ex-jw
    sassy-ex-jw

I'm sorry to hear about your situation...

on a lighter note and one that might bring a smile to your face... if you go on YouTube and look up "text message brakeup" you might get a good laugh and you can send it to your ex... :-)

Keep smiling... you never know who's looking.. ;0)

• sassy-ex-jw
    sassy-ex-jw

I'm sorry to hear about your situation...

on a lighter note and one that might bring a smile to your face... if you go on YouTube and look up "text message brakeup" you might get a good laugh and you can send it to your ex... :-)

Keep smiling... you never know who's looking.. ;0)

• R.F.
    R.F.

I will tell you that something that should've been an eye opener to me long ago regarding my former fiancee.

She broke our engagement twice by means of a text message. We were together for over 2 years and I hate it ended but it needed to.

One thing that gives me hope is the fact that i'm only 22 years old and i've realized that I don't know what's in store for me.

You're young yourself and please try to realize the same. I think the thing very important to realize is that if someone wants to walk away from your life, the best thing to do is let them go. Stick to those that are there through thick and then.

I hope I can help, and as I said earlier, please PM me to talk if you need to, heck i'll give you my cell# if you'd like.

R.F.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I agree with the NO TEXTING. She should give you the common courtesy and respect you deserve and speak with you in person.

Maybe you should give her the space she needs and don't try to speak with her. Then she can gather her thoughts and really feel what it's like to be apart from you. No chasing, silence, space. It's painful but necessary.

Sometimes women play games and it's hard to really figure out what we are thinking.

If she isn't the one woman for you and you don't have her whole heart, it's best to not pursue it.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Maybe, maybe, he'll have a change of heart as his disease progresses. Sometimes people see things differently when they are living on borrowed time.

• integ
    integ
    dinner at my place with my new smoker.

I've got a new "smoker" too. She's 5'5 110 lbs.

She's up to half a pack a day.

• Es
    Es

So sorry that this is happening, hopefully you guys can sit down and at least talk about, she owes you an explanation at least.

Big hugs

Hope all goes ok

es

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Young man life is doing a number on your brain. I wish you the best. I will tell you what a wise man told me when my first girl friend dumped me. "There are lots of fish in the sea." If you want one particular fish that expression isn't very comforting but it does seem to be based in reality.

I dont have any words regarding your disfunctional jw family. Well, maybe a few. Self help books, positive thinking. Reprogram your mind. The dichotomy of he is a wonderful man vs i cant even pay my last respects to my grandpa is a mind bender.

Be strong, be tough. Good luck.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Well, we talked that evening and as it turned out, she was basically just "seeking attention". She's been depressed about gaining some weight recently, and wants more 'quality' time with me and also some time with her friends and family too, as she's been spending all her time at my place. Basically she got so down about her weight, that she didn't want to be around people she just wanted to hide out and do nothing. So we agreed to stay together and work on all of it. She spent the night Friday, and left on Saturday, and won't be back until Wed, and then this weekend she leaves for Minnesota with a couple of her friends for a wedding.

The cook out on Saturday with her family also went on without a hitch, everybody loved my smoked boston butt, and of course my 16 hr. baked beans went over huge.

I think part of it, is that I'm such a busy guy, its hard for me to give anyone "lots of my time", I choose to play in a busy, blues band, and also work 50 hours a week, plus be on call for my job, and then have a myriad of friends that are always demanding my presence too. Its not a "bad life", and I'm used to the craziness of it all, but many of the ladies I've brought into it, just can't deal with it, and can't cope. One day, I'll slow down, but right now, I'd like to get all the running and music playing out of my system so eventually I can "settle down", and have a family, and have no regrets.

Right now, I'd sure rather have her in my life than out of it, and she feels the same, and she apologized profusely for breaking up with me, and how she did it, and said how lucky she is to have me, etc.

So that's better, but the grandpa thing is still the same. He is already starting to lose motor skills, and soon will lose his ability to speak, read and think. Its really awful. He was never a smart man, but was always very kind, loving, and a good husband and father, and a really great grandpa. I will miss him a lot. Actually I already do, since I'm DF'd, and he won't speak. I will send a card, I've decided.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit