Well this totally sucks...

by bluesbreaker59 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

My girlfriend that I brag to everyone about, and treat like a queen, is leaving me. I actually got DF'd over her, and have been with her for over 5 months. We were so close, I just totally never, ever saw this coming. I didn't want to run out and get married like Dubs, but she was basically living with me, then today I get a text, and it says that she doesn't want to be with me anymore. I am totally devastated, right now. This was two days before a big dinner party with my closest friends, and 3 days before I was gonna have her parents, sister and grandpa over for a big BBQ dinner at my place with my new smoker. Her family all loves me, my mom loved her, we love each other, I just don't get it. Concentrating now at work, is out of the question, and I have a massive report to do. What I really don't get is that she is sending texts saying that she still loves me.

Couple the above with the fact that on Monday, my aunt called and told me that my grandpa is dying of brain cancer. Then my dad called me yesterday and said the same thing. Well since they are all JW's, I can't even pay my last respects to my grandpa, because he is the congregation PO, and will not even talk to his own daughter who is also DF'd. He is a very wonderful man, and I will miss him, I know he's just doing what he thinks is right. It just sucks from my perspective.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

(((((((((((((((( bluesbreaker59 )))))))))))))))))

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Did she say why?

That really sucks. I can't imagine what you are thinking right now. I hope things work out for the best and you get to feeling better very soon!!

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((((((bluesbreaker)))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry, I know life must really suck right now but it will get better hang in there. I'm sorry about your grandfather too, I hope they do at least ease up a bit to allow you to say your goodbyes.

(((((((((hugs)))))))))

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

J-ex-W said

(((((((((((((((( bluesbreaker59 )))))))))))))))))

Same from me. I have nothing to add.

• DJK
    DJK

Sorry your going thru this. It was a five month relationship, it won't take long to get over it. Sorry I said that but soon you will agree.

I didn't know they did dear John letters using texted messaging these days. I hope you replied, FU2.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

((((((bluesbreaker59))))))

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through! This is going to hurt for a while, but trust me, you will get over this!

She broke up with you by texting you??? That is just plain wrong IMHO! I could say some more here, but well, I won't . Tell her no more texts!! She needs to have the backbone to talk to you face to face about this.

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather too.

BB

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Sorry, Bluesbreaker

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

((((((bluesbreaker59))))))

• Quandry
    Quandry

Tell her no more texts!! She needs to have the backbone to talk to you face to face about this.

Really. That is low. Perhaps she has done you a favor and you just can't see it yet. Give yourself some time. Five months is not alot of time to get to know someone. Maybe go a bit slower next time. What you really need is a companion who is a friend. A friend does not text someone such a message. I've been married over thirty years and will attest that the main thing is to be friends and enjoy one another's company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit