Bill Cetnar's Jesus = Jehovah Chart

by AlphaOmega 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Terry............

Why not talk in language we can understand. You have vehemently written about what you believe in many threads. Why not back off and keep your opinion to yourself once in awhile?

You might make sense to yourself and a few others, but you make yourself sound like you are full of hatred for those of us who are interested in the original idea of this post.

HappyDad

Well, that's just silly!

Imagine that! A discussion board in which you keep your opinion to yourself!! What is the point of that?

There is not a word of hatred in my post. You are projecting.

I think I touched a nerve in you. Ask yourself why you wish to silence me.

Why not talk in language we can understand.

Huh? What does that mean? My vocabulary is too abstruse? Heck, put the word you don't understand in Google and you'll get it in a nanosecond. That's what I do when I don't understand something.

You only get out of a thing what you are willing to put into it.

For example: when you say I have written "vehemently" you imply violence. My attitude isn't violent. I have conviction; maybe even passion. But, violent? Why not "fervently"?

You might explore simply skipping those posts which bother you. Just a thought. You and I are the same age. Surely we have more in common than not.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Never be sorry about what you believe ...This site is freedom to be what you want to be....

It is the Unconditionl love store...We all agree to disagree (HUG)

Ah Mouthy, you are the best of believers...as one who takes Jesus to be saviour your light shines strong, yes freedom is a wonderful thing....good to be among the free...

I like what Rhienhold Niehbor(sp?) is reported to have said:.."It's just as blasphmous to define God as it is to denie him"....(wish my spell checker worked, I'm such a lousy speller)....sadly cities have been burned to the ground, people butchered, simply because somebody did not like someone elses chart, or how they define the who, what, when, or where of God...a never ending story...

Over the years I have become evermore glad I'm free of the mundane worry of what, or who, God is, or is not...God's there and I'm here, doing the best I can with what I've got...simple. Interesting chart though, but I agree it's narrow in it's scope...

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Well, belief has a suspiciously audacious aspect to it. Those who wear belief as a badge of honor seem to always be flailing about trying to post charts that "prove" something.

I think the thing to remember with this thred and the chart in it, is that I posted it here not in an attempt to evangelise the board, but as an aid for those in dialogue with Witnesses. It IS an effective counter-cult tool, that is the reason that a lot of us are here - to help people exit JWism.

Mouthy's testimony shows that this chart IS effective for "Exiting JWs" because

• it may lead them to the belief that Jesus is Yahweh / Jehovah / God OR
    • it may simply show them that the JW doctrines are so full of holes that the Watchtower can't be true.

By posting the chart, I am not trying to influence anyone's views EXCEPT JWs

God IS indescribable. God is the "I Am" - he simply "Is"

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ah Mouthy, you are the best of believers...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thank you Quetin,,,The post got away from me again Story of my life

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Quentin:

I like what Rhienhold Niehbor(sp?) is reported to have said:.."It's just as blasphmous to define God as it is to denie him".

Yes, wise words. But it's what we do with them that counts.

I'm free of the mundane worry of what, or who, God is, or is not...God's there and I'm here,...

Where is this "there" that we have placed God? To what quadrant of space and time have we isolated, confined and thus defined God? To what degree of Lilliputian stature is our mentally engraved image of God?

What gives us the hubris to attribute any limits or absence to God, at all? Why define and fix God into some thing so very small as to be absent? Because desert tribesmen did?

In order to be a Christian, in order to label ourselves after a specific god with a name, our god has to be separate and definable from all the rest of existence. A nameable god is nothing more than an isolated little fragment floating about within the tiny dark spaces between our ears; a false god.

What does all existence, all space and time exist within? What truly has no beginning and no end? What authentically unites every thing and every one? What are we genuinely at our core? I can't say what it is, But I can say what it's not: it is no nameable or definable god.

j

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

No offence meant, Quentin. These questions are not directed specifically at you.

• Quentin
    Quentin

None taken JT...I get what your saying..

• poppers
    poppers

Gee, without Terry's excellent vocabulary mine would remain static. Thanks, Terry.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Sorry, but I have to agree with Terry
    Never be sorry about what you believe ...This site is freedom to be what you want to be....

It is the Unconditionl love store...We all agree to disagree (HUG)

Awww---thanks Mouthy. Hugs to you too! Now how do I get this highlight to stop?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit