Bill Cetnar's Jesus = Jehovah Chart

by AlphaOmega 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Credits to MOUTHY and a very long string of coincidences for this

Sirona

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/135662/1.ashx

Ages ago, Mouthy pointed out to me in a PM that Bill Cetnar had arranged some of these into a chart on the back of his book, "Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses 'who love the truth' "

The book is excellent - get it if you can.

But for anyone who would like the chart, it is now here: http://i18.tinypic.com/63iogm0.jpg

The quality is much better if you right-click and save it to your computer, but for the sake of keeping the posts the correct width, I condensed it !

alt

• Terry
    Terry

Well, to be perfectly fair, let's decide something right away, shall we?

When speaking about transcendant persons one can only resort to metaphor. There is no actual vocabulary for transcendance.

Consequently, the sparse nature of the Lexicon overlaps.

We've all heard it said that Eskimos have umpity-ump words for "snow", right? Well, we humans don't have any words for transcendance and must always become tiresomely poetic and metaphorical as a consequence.

What do you expect to happen when talking about Jesus or Jehovah?

In other words, this chart proves nothing but an impoverished vocabulary and conceptual scarcity.

These aren't persons in the concrete sense anyway. They are representational concepts writ large.

The referents aren't there to realities. Ostensible descriptions are impossible.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you (((Mouthy)))!

and (AlphaOmega)

Nevada-

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Geez Terry, lighten up!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

In other words, this chart proves nothing but an impoverished vocabulary and conceptual scarcity.

These aren't persons in the concrete sense anyway. They are representational concepts writ large.

The referents aren't there to realities. Ostensible descriptions are impossible.

True, but then, doesn't that reduce the Bible down to "just words of limited value due to the innate failure of language to convey anything spiritual"? It is nearly impossible to describe that which we can only "feel". How do you describe a rainbow to a man who was born blind ?

Language fails, because it is limited, it is merely a verbal representation of "that which is". We can think 10,000 thoughts a second, but try getting them all out of your mouth at the same time.

Agreed, for those who don't hold the Bible as anthing more than "wishful thinking" or "uneducated man's attempt to answer the fundamental questions of life", they will find nothing of value here. To them, this may as well be a chart comparing the natures of Homer and Bart Simpson.

Anyway, I digress...

There are those who believe that the Bible is literally the word of God. This includes most Christians and all JWs, therefore this chart is an excellent "ready reckoner" for dialogue between the two parties about the thing that they have in common.

• kid-A
    kid-A

The statement "Jehovah's Witnesses have two mighty gods" is completely wrong. Regardless of their biblical distortions, they most certainly draw a greater and lesser distinction between Jesus (as a son of god) of god himself (his father). In any case, they have ONE mighty god, and its a board of directors in Brooklyn NY.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    In any case, they have ONE mighty god, and its a board of directors in Brooklyn NY.

Kid A - you remind me of someone famous... Are you "he" ?

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I was given the left foot of fellowship from the "dear Brothers" I was devastated....Suicidel
    This particular page was a GREAT help to me. I believe the Bible,,,,, & I checked each & every scripture cited on that page. I HAD to see Jesus was Jehovah .ONE GOD ,but because I am made in HIS image ( body soul,spirit) I reckon they are ONE !!! Mine dont always work together but the FATHER,SON, HOLY SPIRIT Work as ONE ... Thanks Alpha,

Terry dont fret darling. Your thoughts are yours -we are free to reject if we wish....Isnt freedom GREAT!!!!!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Regardless you feel on the particular belief that Jesus is Jehovah, the above chart draws a comparison that shows the futility of a major doctrine in JW theology.

The witnesses will argue very strongly that Jesus is Michael the archangel as revealed in old testament scripture. To back up this belief they will show you passages from the Bible where Christ and Michael seem to be doing (or having) the same things. They believe this constituted a 'scriptural rule' that when two people are said of being or having the same things they then must be the same person.

Works great when they are comparing Jesus to Michael, but not so great when your looking at Jesus and Jehovah.

• Zico
    Zico

Since JWs believe they teach the only 'truth' they have the responsibility of coming up with reasonable explanations for scriptures which show their doctrine is not in complete harmony with the bible. Clear statements like those found in John 20:28, bring up questions that JWs can't answer. They should be able to answer these if they have teach the bible's absolute 'truth'

(Waves to AO!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit