Intelligent Design Clobbered Again

by AlanF 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

Persons who advocate that their brains are ultimately the result of random mutations filtered inefficiently by a gross, non-intelligently guided, purposeless, short term reproductive success only process, [which can be reasonably termed "unintelligent design"] and which is likely incapable of even preserving existing genetic information [due to deleterious effects which can easily overwhelm any hypothetical gain] should perhaps be cautious about calling others "ID-ots" etc.

Furthermore, while it is true that not all intelligent design theorists are also young earth creationists [e.g. Behe], the fact remains that all creationists (obviously) are believers in intelligent design [hense the recommendation of many ID resources by young earth creation science groups such as ICR and the Creation Reseach Society http://www.creationresearch.org]. Therefore, the recommendation or use of some ID scientist resources or certain specific arguments by persons (such as myself) certainly does not mean that a recent creationist position is no longer also advocated.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hooberus,

Many of us have asked this question of you on numerous occasions, without an answer as of this moment.

Why did God create a Universe where everything feeds on everything else to survive?

From the smallest microbe, to the largest of mammals everything traps and feeds its prey to survive. Think of a virus or parasite, as it struggles to survive in its chosen host, the fly. Think of a spider sucking the life from its paralysed prey, the fly. Think of the sparrow which picks at the spider and eats it alive. Think of the cat that stalks and captures the sparrow. I think you get my drift.

Why did God create this self-perpetuating and brutal horror? How does the 'creation' make the 'fool' conclude that God is Love?

HS

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hillary_step

What do you think would be the ID'iotic explanation for 'two-stage' parasites?

steve

• TopHat
    TopHat

Why did God create a Universe where everything feeds on everything else to survive?

For population control....what else....DUH!

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Top Hat,

You must be pulling our chains. You can't really be this shallow? A god who can create a universe can surely come up with a less brutal and horrific solution to overpopulation.

• Dansk
    Dansk

When I was a child I asked: "Who created God?"

I was told: "He's always been there!"

Now, to those who try and get me to believe in their God I find myself asking "Who created God?"

Full circle, but one was asked in innocence, the other with knowledge.

Ian

• TopHat
    TopHat
    A god who can create a universe can surely come up with a less brutal and horrific solution to overpopulation

Some answers come very simple......God owns the Universe.....If you wish to paint him as brutal and horrific....that is your own problem......If in your eyes there is no God, then the answer for you would be?? Evolution is brutal and horrific?

Survival of the fittest may be the way God wants it. At least in the world of insects and lower animals.

Note: I am not trying to convince you that God exist.....What you believe is your own business. As is mine. Let's leave that way.

• AlanF
    AlanF

The June 8, 2007 edition of Science contains another scathing review of Behe's latest book:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/316/5830/1427#ref2

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

TopHat said:

: Some answers come very simple......God owns the Universe.....If you wish to paint him as brutal and horrific....that is your own problem......

Nope. This is a subset of a much larger and serious problem for Christians known as The Problem of Evil. Many serious Christian thinkers have attempted to solve the problem for hundreds of years, without success. Any Christian who does not realize how important a probem this is, is at best uninformed, and at worst, burying her head in the sand. Christian apologist Peter Kreeft wrote ( http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0019.html ):

The problem of evil is the most serious problem in the world. It is also the one serious objection to the existence of God. More people have abandoned their faith because of the problem of evil than for any other reason. It is certainly the greatest test of faith, the greatest temptation to unbelief. And it's not just an intellectual objection. We feel it. We live it. That's why the Book of Job is so arresting.

I have no doubt that you, TopHat, in your usual way, will simply not understand.

: If in your eyes there is no God, then the answer for you would be?? Evolution is brutal and horrific?

Indeed. "Nature red in tooth and claw". But so what? No one claims that evolution is a loving entity, quite in contrast with those who have a Pollyanna view of God.

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hooberus, you don't seem to realize that the fact that Michael Behe accepts both the fact of evolution (guided by God, of course) and "billions of years" puts him farther away from your young-earth camp than full blown evolutionists!

But that's the beauty of intellectually dishonest Fundies, including and especially the JWs: they're not interested in reality, but only in finding bits of information that seem to support their view.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit