I can't do it

by Nosferatu 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This was a bad idea. A REALLY bad idea. My inlaws are in town for the convention. They're staying at my parents' place. My wife wanted to see the nephew and niece, so she goes over to fetch them.

They all fXXXing parade over here in three cars. They all leave the room, and I'm stuck in the living room with my parents. My mother asks "are we allowed to hold our grandchild?" I don't answer. After what she did to me, I'm fXXXing terrified of her touching my boy. She repeats the question. I still don't answer. My dad says, "I don't know why you're holding these grudges". I fire back, "Did you come over just to interrogate me?" He backs off.

Yeah, and then my mother in law's mother says, "Why don't we get a picture of him on grandma's lap?" My sister in law picks him up and is ready to hand him to my mother. I leave the room.

So I'm sitting here typing this. My sister in law comes downstairs and asks if I'm going to be sociable. I say no. She asks why? I say "because I'm not". She goes back upstairs.

My wife just asked if I could come upstairs and at least pretend to be sociable. I tell her I can't. She understands. Thank god someone does.

Someone please end this hell. Please get them to leave.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Nosferatu, You posted this under the child abuse section. I'm sorry, but I don't know your history. Have you posted it?

steve.

PS, It's your house ...

• Scully
    Scully

Geez Nos, I'm sorry you have to put up with this crap in your own house.

Clearly your parents love rubbing it in that they can get their way when they pull the right strings.

It's amazing how they expect that they don't need to make amends and that you not hold a grudge considering all the $h!t they put you through when you were growing up. Typical abusers.

I have two words for you, my friend: RESTRAINING ORDER.

• hubert
    hubert

Nos, I'm so sorry that you seem to have a very dysfunctional family. Except for your own wife and child. Best to keep the distance from the others as much as possible. I hope they go away and leave you and your immediate family in peace.

I don't know what else to say, except that I read a little about your family, and I can see why you want to keep your distance from them.

I hope sharing your feelings with us is helping you to cope.

Hubert

• Scully
    Scully

I didn't clue in until just now that your wife's family are JWs too. That sux on so many levels.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    My wife just asked if I could come upstairs and at least pretend to be sociable. I tell her I can't. She understands.

My JW ex-hubby would try to force me to confront my parents. He thought it would be a "healthy" thing for me to do. It would not have been, and I did not. I'm glad your wife understands.

You don't owe any of those people anything, you don't even have to be polite.

((((((((((((((((((((nosf)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your family reminds me of my dysfunctional in-laws, whom I successfully kept out of my children's lives until they were preteens. Then the fun began. The happyface and photo-ops that go on to pretend they have a "normal" family, puke-making. Now that my children are adults, I don't have any reason to associate with them any more, so I don't.

Still they manipulate where they can. My sister-in-law just this week tried to guilt my daughter in to visiting her ailing grandmother EVERY MONTH. She's lucky to see her grandchild once a YEAR.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm so sorry nos. Your wife is no doubt ensuring your childrens safety.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I didn't clue in until just now that your wife's family are JWs too.

No, my brother married a woman who's mom is a JW. My brother's wife decided to go back and raise the kids in it. The daughter is baptized.

Nosferatu, You posted this under the child abuse section. I'm sorry, but I don't know your history. Have you posted it?

My mother beat the hell out of me throughout my entire childhood, regardless of what I did or didn't do. I was pretty much a whipping boy. I don't want her disgusting hands on my child. I don't even like those hands touching me.

My JW ex-hubby would try to force me to confront my parents. He thought it would be a "healthy" thing for me to do.

Before my wife got pregnant, I confronted my mother about all the abuse. She denied all of it and claims I'm making things up.

Thank you everyone for your comments. They've all left now. My sister-in-law thinks that my mother has "two assholes for sons". My (half) brother also has issues with my mother. But I guess it's the duty of JWs to ban together and defeat the worldlings. Next time I talk to my sister-in-law, I'm going to ask her why she thought it was a really good idea to hand my baby boy to a child abuser.

• DJK
    DJK

I feel bad your going thru this. I understand there are issues and fears where your children are concerned. It's good your wife is understanding.

I get the feeling there is more here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit