I can't do it

by Nosferatu 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Twitch
    Twitch

Nos

A legal opinion and/or the restraining order sounds like a good idea. I do not doubt that you put as much distance from them on your end. And by rights.

Some actual distance from a uncomfortable situation goes a long way as well (pun intended)

I would say though that even after you remove the sliver from your foot, it will still sting for a time, wouldn't you say? :-)

Say, wanna jam sometime?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    Before my wife got pregnant, I confronted my mother about all the abuse. She denied all of it and claims I'm making things up.

Time for a new family.

• gumby
    gumby

Nos, many here and your witness family cannot relate to a mother who would say the below to their child.

She used to tell me how much she enjoyed beating me

I think your mother is the reason for most of the attitude you express here on JWD toward the witnesses and your family.

The abuse you suffered clouds over any good you might see in the rest of them were it not for your mother who oviously has severe mental problems.

Hang in there and do what you reasonably think is right towards them.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    My mother beat the hell out of me throughout my entire childhood, regardless of what I did or didn't do. I was pretty much a whipping boy. I don't want her disgusting hands on my child. I don't even like those hands touching me. Before my wife got pregnant, I confronted my mother about all the abuse. She denied all of it and claims I'm making things up.

Typical. If you want my opinion, I wouldn't let ANY of them in your house ever again and I certainly wouldn't let her near your kids. Sorry to say this but your mother sounds like a sick, disgusting person with mental problems and it never fails to amaze me how people like that can look down their noses at the rest of the world simply because they don't worship a book publishing company. Like Scully recommended, I'd get a restraining order. It might also be therapeutic for you to write your mother a detailed letter outlining WHY she's not allowed to come around anymore and if she tries it, you'll have her charged. Let them know that YOU'RE in charge of your family----not them.

My sister-in-law thinks that my mother has "two assholes for sons".

You should tell her "Gee, what a coincidence. My brother and me BOTH think we have an asshole for a sister in law!"

• emptywords
    emptywords

You hate them period...thats what I got

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good insights gumby!

Hand in there Nos, you are still in control. If your mother denies the abuse then you will never be able to convince any of the JW relatives. You might want to be a tad less reactive and more concise in dealing with this group, they are always going to blame problems on you because of the situation. Not giving them a reason to think you are bitter possibly could be helpful.

I understand how tough it is. I hope the best for you.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

First of all, thanks to whoever bumped this thread. I'm still pissed off about all of this, and it's been a bit more intense today. I haven't phoned my sister-in-law yet. I wanted to get my phone recorder set up before I did that, but I haven't had any time.

You'd think my sis-in-law would know better since she was sexually abused herself. Maybe I should bring that up and remind her of how much hate she has for her abuser. Then perhaps she could relate.

Mary,

If you want my opinion, I wouldn't let ANY of them in your house ever again and I certainly wouldn't let her near your kids.

What's funny is me and my wife had a long discussion about my sis-in-law and the kids visiting us. They were in town for the convention, and we didn't hear anything from them. I figured that we should just let them be if they didn't want to visit or phone us. They could leave and the kids could hold a grudge against their stupid mother for not visiting us.

But my wife wanted to see the kids. Unfortunately, the rest of them came with the kids. Next time, there won't be a next time.

"Gee, what a coincidence. My brother and me BOTH think we have an asshole for a sister in law!"

That made me laugh! Funny how true it is.

I'll let you all know when I get an update.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit