war coming to Isreal?

by Sasha 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Next best thing from Israel point of view - civil war in the Palestinian territories though

• Forscher
    Forscher
    Sometimes I despair of your primitive and usually completely incorrect political analysis. They are often so off target as to belong in a stand-up comic routine. Do you seriously believe that Israel is about to be invaded by Syria? HS

You're a fine one to throw insults Hill. It would be better if you would actually contribute something substantive to any discussion instead of spewing meaningless insults.

Is Israel about to be invaded by Syria? It is hard to say. All I was doing was pointing out the answer to the question not even you tried to tackle. The fact is that Syria is building up its forces on its border with Israel and modernizing its arsenal. Since there is no evidence that Israel is preparing to invade Syria and hence no credible need for that build up on Syria's part, what would that lead you to conclude?

There was even talk lately on Israel's part of giving up the Golan Heights. So, once again, why the build up? There is no need for those measures just to reoccupy land Israel gives up.

Forscher

• heathen
    heathen

If I remember the correctly the WTBTS did say that Israel was one of the horns on the beast that only shared power for short while . I believe that Israel is destroyed or annexed by the surrounding nations . The mainstream view is that armageddon starts in that part of the world but I believe armageddon is an invisible spiritual war that is between the kings of the earth , false prophet and the remaining seed . It ends on the great fear inspiring day of God Almighty.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Forscher,

You're a fine one to throw insults Hill.

I throw fine insults when a person attempts to insult my itelligence. You have a modus in your political posts that never changes. You start your posts by stating very clearly both sides of the issue as if you understand them, which is good. You then state your own views which are always flawed, such as the one we are now discussing. This is not good and normally shows an agenda at work that is trying to force facts into a world-view ill equipped to accept them.

It would be better if you would actually contribute something substantive to any discussion instead of spewing meaningless insults.

My 'insult' as you preceive it is my statement that your grasp of politics is consistently primitive and more fitted to the script of a stand-up comedian. It is hardly suprising that you find this insulting, but you should attend to yourself and post some posts that are actually better thought out.

Is Israel about to be invaded by Syria? It is hard to say. All I was doing was pointing out the answer to the question not even you tried to tackle. The fact is that Syria is building up its forces on its border with Israel and modernizing its arsenal. Since there is no evidence that Israel is preparing to invade Syria and hence no credible need for that build up on Syria's part, what would that lead you to conclude?

Thank you for identifying and commenting on the point of my post, which you peculiarly describe as unsubstansive. It was substansive enough for you to actually grasp its obvious point and to try to flesh out your point of view. Why the dichotomy?

Syria will never invade Israel while the Western World back Israel. They will rattle sabres for the obvious reasons that other posters have correctly commented on, and they have done so before. It is that you chose to believe that it is a possibility that Syria is on the verge of invading Israel and is prepared to take the risk of being levelled as a nation that condemns your political views as primitive.

HS

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus

Forcher's muddleheadedness is entirely understandable, given his reliance upon WorldNetDaily, the go-to source for Birch Society-themed conspiracy theories, creationist news, anti-global warming hysteria, other anti-science quackery, and the deeply considered opinions of such intellectual heavyweights as Pat Boone and Chuck Norris.

Really, WND is the perfect resource for those who believe the WTB&TS started losing credibility when they lost the sound editorial judgment and incisive reportage of Clayton Woodworth and The Golden Age.

(WND's "founder, editor,and CEO", the abjectly hypocritical and outright liar Joseph Farah, is closely allied with... who else? The Reverend Moon.)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

dilaceratus,

Forcher's muddleheadedness is entirely understandable, given his reliance upon WorldNetDaily, the go-to source for Birch Society-themed conspiracy theories, creationist news, anti-global warming hysteria, other anti-science quackery, and the deeply considered opinions of such intellectual heavyweights as Pat Boone and Chuck Norris.

lol.....

Well, I can honestly say, having sparred with Forscher on numerous occasions, that he is not a person that is easily moved to thought.

HS

• Forscher
    Forscher
    I throw fine insults when a person attempts to insult my itelligence. You have a modus in your political posts that never changes. You start your posts by stating very clearly both sides of the issue as if you understand them, which is good. You then state your own views which are always flawed, such as the one we are now discussing. This is not good and normally shows an agenda at work that is trying to force facts into a world-view ill equipped to accept them.

Really? Your own propensity for insulting me shows a very flawed and immature world view which cannot tolerate a view point which does not conform with your own agenda. Since you cannot adequately dispute it, you feel the need to insult. Seriously Hill, you need to grow up.

Syria will never invade Israel while the Western World back Israel. They will rattle sabres for the obvious reasons that other posters have correctly commented on, and they have done so before. It is that you chose to believe that it is a possibility that Syria is on the verge of invading Israel and is prepared to take the risk of being levelled as a nation that condemns your political views as primitive. HS

It is certainly possible that they are rattling sabres Hill, and nowhere did I discount that possibility, but the other is possible as well, though by no means certain. If you go back to my original post you will see that I phrased that uncertainty quite subtly, but then, I guess it was too subtle for you. Check your history man. Syria invaded Israel in 1948. It was also prepared to do so in 1967 when the Israelis struck and tried to invade when they did strike. The Israeli invasion and occupation of the Golan Heights was in response to Syrian artillery bombardment of Israeli settlements. So Syria has a history of aggressive conduct towards their Jewish neighbors. Only the perception that they cannot beat Israel keeps them and their Arab neighbors from invading Israel and carving it up among themselves. If that perception ever disappears, they won't hesitate.

As to whether that perception has disappeared in their eyes only they can say, and they aren't letting us in on that $64,000 question. And let's deal with the "Western world" backing Israel myth while we're at it. In case you haven't noticed, only the U.S. really backs Israel. France and Britain pulled their backing of Israel in 1967 when the Israelis preempted the joint Arab invasion of their lands. The U.S. stepped in and backed them when the Soviets poised themselves to invade Tel Aviv after the Israelis expanded their actions to include the Golan Heights. Or have you forgotten that fact of history?

Since then, the U.S. has been pretty much alone in its support of Israel with the rest of the "western world" gleefully joining in to condemn virtually everything Israel does in its own defense through the U.N. and other forums. France went so far recently as to add some of its own forces to the U.N. peace keeping mission in Lebanon last year and their tank corp even intervened on the side of fleeing Hezbollah terrorists who'd attacked Israeli forces in violation of the cease fire on one occasion that I know of.

Forscher

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Forscher,

Really? Your own propensity for insulting me shows a very flawed and immature world view which cannot tolerate a view point which does not conform with your own agenda. Since you cannot adequately dispute it, you feel the need to insult. Seriously Hill, you need to grow

You really are quite the case. Things seem to have to spelled out for you in baby-steps for you to follow. I have not insulted you Forscher. What you perceive to be insults directed at you as a person are actually very accurate criticisms of both your posting style, and the content of your posts.

It is certainly possible that they are rattling sabres Hill, and nowhere did I discount that possibility, but the other is possible as well, though by no means certain. If you go back to my original post you will see that I phrased that uncertainty quite subtly, but then, I guess it was too subtle for you.

Oh really? Here is what you wrote.

It was noted recently in the media that Syria is building up its forces along its border with Israel along with new arms sent to it by Iran. So it appears that Syria is gearing up for an invasion of Israel. I guess the pseudo-victory of Hezbollah last year has emboldened the Arab world towards another try.

Yes, very subtle indeed. I understood from your deeply subtle post that you believe that Syria is gearing up for an invasion of Israel and that the psuedo-victory of Hezbollah last your has emboldened the Arab world towards another try. Do not try to play me for a fool Forscher, it will not fly. It is after all what you state!

The Israeli invasion and occupation of the Golan Heights was in response to Syrian artillery bombardment of Israeli settlements. So Syria has a history of aggressive conduct towards their Jewish neighbors. Only the perception that they cannot beat Israel keeps them and their Arab neighbors from invading Israel and carving it up among themselves. If that perception ever disappears, they won't hesitate.

As to whether that perception has disappeared in their eyes only they can say, and they aren't letting us in on that $64,000 question. And let's deal with the "Western world" backing Israel myth while we're at it. In case you haven't noticed, only the U.S. really backs Israel. France and Britain pulled their backing of Israel in 1967 when the Israelis preempted the joint Arab invasion of their lands. The U.S. stepped in and backed them when the Soviets poised themselves to invade Tel Aviv after the Israelis expanded their actions to include the Golan Heights. Or have you forgotten that fact of history?

Since then, the U.S. has been pretty much alone in its support of Israel with the rest of the "western world" gleefully joining in to condemn virtually everything Israel does in its own defense through the U.N. and other forums. France went so far recently as to add some of its own forces to the U.N. peace keeping mission in Lebanon last year and their tank corp even intervened on the side of fleeing Hezbollah terrorists who'd attacked Israeli forces in violation of the cease fire on one occasion that I know of.

You have no need to try to teach me Middle Eastern history Forscher, I know it. I have studied it and travelled there extensively, and have even survived a PLO hijack. It is yourself that is having problems grasping it.

As I have noted repeatedly in my posts to you on this thread, Syria is merely rattling sabres and I note that you finally agree with this assessment, though positing the facta s if you have thought of the it!! It is yourself who unsubtly suggested that Syria was about to invade Israel that prompted my need to dismantle this ridiculous notion and now you agree with what I have been trying to get into your head for days. At least you learn in the end, even though you try to pretend you knew all along....lol

The rest of your post, quoted above is so full of flawed political and historical notion that it is not even worth analysing, the last paragraph being utter rubbish.

We all recognize the thrust of your Right Wing agenda Forscher. It leaks out of every paragraph that you post like a Barracuda with dysentry. You would make a much more credible show in these political threads if you left your agenda at the door with your shoes.

HS

• greendawn
    greendawn

The state of Israel is in essence another state of the USA it is protected by them and that's why it will never be defeated, the USA wants Israel to be there in the midst of the volatile Arab world. It's unfortunate for the Arab Palestinians but the Jews had their homeland there for 2000 years before they ever appeared in that area. The Arabs have plenty of wealth and land from Morocco to Iraq, they could have settled and integrated all the Palestinian refugees long ago.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    You really are quite the case. Things seem to have to spelled out for you in baby-steps for you to follow. I have not insulted you Forscher. What you perceive to be insults directed at you as a person are actually very accurate criticisms of both your posting style, and the content of your posts.

And yet, while denying that you are engaging in personal insults you continue to employ them as evidenced by your "baby-steps" comment. Every time you write you demonstrate criticism of your writing to be spot-on accurate.

Yes, very subtle indeed. I understood from your deeply subtle post that you believe that Syria is gearing up for an invasion of Israel and that the psuedo-victory of Hezbollah last your has emboldened the Arab world towards another try. Do not try to play me for a fool Forscher, it will not fly. It is after all what you state!

And once again you show a lack of grasp for the subtleties of argumentation Hill. When I wrote that "So it appears that Syria is gearing up for an invasion of Israel" my use of the word "appears" expressed a lack of certainty which seems to have escaped your much vaunted superior level of scrutiny and understanding. But then that is about all I've come to expect from you.

As for most of the rest of your commentary, my reply is:

Whatever.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit