July KM - warning against active apostates - summary

by dozy 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
    dozy

The Question Box in July deals with the internet - mainly concerned with children on Myspace & similar sites -mentioning that your child could be talking to paedophiles , DFd ones or even "active apostates" .

The main article deals with the - "exciting" and "thrilling" news of the new WT arrangement (maybe some people should get out more). Nothing new in the article , which has as the sole justification the need no longer to explain "theocratic" terms like "pioneer" , but it does seem that the Awake will be tailored more to non-Christian people.

New peak of regular pioneers in the UK. WTS keen to get experiences from tract campaigns - asking elders to send them in ASAP.

That's about it - not much else to report......

• needproof
    needproof

Does it actually mention 'myspace'? And since when had it been a 'children's site?'?

• dozy
    dozy
    Does it actually mention 'myspace'? And since when had it been a 'children's site?'?

Not mentioned by name , though it refers to sites where blogs and personal profiles are posted and where you can chat to other online users. The article primarily seemed to be targeted at parents monitoring their childrens contacts and internet activity.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Question Box in July deals with the internet - mainly concerned with children on Myspace & similar sites -mentioning that your child could be talking to paedophiles , DFd ones or even "active apostates" .

Are they really sure they know what they are talking about on those pedophiles? The last I knew, MySpace is taking aggressive measures to ban pedophiles from membership on its site. Is the Watchtower Society? I don't think so--they are taking aggressive measures to protect pedophiles within the ranks, to protect their own reputation.

As for the apostates, I think the Watchtower Society is its own worst enemy. When I look at all the apostate Web sites plus Crisis of Conscience put together, they didn't do half the damage that the cost/benefit analysis did. The cost is tremendous: all your time, energy, and money plus not getting any fulfillment of personal hopes. The benefit is negative: living forever in a world with nothing but other men and having the opposite sex all killed off on your account, or living forever in a world with no freedom to speak what you actually want to, or living forever in a world where there is nothing worthwhile to do. Having any of these conditions as the "reward" did more damage to me than all the apostate Web sites, the questionable origin of the religion, the unscriptural rules that Rutherford drunkenly put upon the flock, the pedophile scandal, the money scams, and the kangaroo court judicial hearings put together. And not going onto MySpace or JWD is no protection from that.

• needproof
    needproof

Sickening. Actually it was an article about 'the dangers of the internet' which first gave me alarm bells about the whole thing.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

"Active (vs. inactive?) apostate" is a rather interesting notion btw. Is it common in recent WT literature? It already appears once in 1985 (W 7/15), as an allusion to 2 John 9-11.

I wonder whether it has ever been defined (I doubt it), or what it means in the mind of the average dub. What does it take to be an active apostate? Anti-WT activism? Occasional public or private criticism of the WT? Church membership?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Which begs the question, what is an inactive apostate? Do they fail to turn in their hours?

• Gill
    Gill

With very good reason the Watchtower is running scared of the Internet and the exposure they receive here.

I wonder why they don't put the same warning up for pedophiles in the congregation that people should be keeping their children safe from and that the WT happily cover up for?

• carla
    carla

They could be talking to pedophiles on the internet? Hell, they could be at the kh too! A pedophile could be talking to them and the whole damn cong from the platform as well!

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

GB: Control, control, control. Hypocrites!!! They publish in their literature that everybody has free will and not robots yet the GB wants to control JWs as robots

Internet sites such as this one and others are the bullet aimed squarely at the WTS and eventually kill it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit