MFM,

Jesus' own words:

New International Version

alt
    Matthew 5

5:44

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Luke 6:27-36
    27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you..."

Luke 6:36
    35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

We know that the enemies of Jesus were the Pharisees, Scribes and others because they didn't like what he was teaching. But I'm sure you would agree, he was sent to all the Jews, regardless if they were the common people, or had positions, OUT OF LOVE. Yes he called them hypocrites, but IMHO he wanted them to see how horrible the system of worship was that they were putting on the people, and how it had been corrupted over the many, many years. And hopefully, some of the Pharisical group, listened, and became his followers. But becoming a follower of Jesus does not make you a JW, thinking you have all the answers and that you, out of all religions claiming to be Christian, are right.

On another note, do you think if persecution comes....and that is a BIG IF, anyone is going to care if you are a JW? They (the "persecutors") will only care whether you say you are a Christian, and lump all making that claim in one bunch.

• dust
    dust

"He [Jesus] is certainly angry at all those religious organizations that falsely claim to represent him. --p. 185, par. 10"

Mark 9:38-40, NWT:
    38 John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." 39 But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; 40 for he that is not against us is for us.

• theMartian
    theMartian

Thank you, Alpha! I have that problem; being tactless & confident, I am not very pleasant to most! But then- look at this BOARD! LOLO!

And you are TOTALLY correct on "Agape"! That's a sign of someone with True Faith- looking that deep!

AGAPE,

MFM

alt

• Robert222
    Robert222

I wonder where the evidence is that Jesus is angry at religions that claim to represent him?

If it werent for the religions throughout the world and throughout the centuries building schools, hospitals, missionaries saving lives through countless wars, plagues, and teaching about god, most likely christianity would have been dead long before JWs were formed circa 1900.

Is the evidence that Jesus is with the GB because their real estate holdings are growing and worth millions of dollars?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thank you, Alpha! I have that problem; being tactless & confident, I am not very pleasant to most! But then- look at this BOARD! LOLO!

And you are TOTALLY correct on "Agape"! That's a sign of someone with True Faith- looking that deep!

AGAPE,

MFM

Didn't fit that someone would be advocating loving only selected people but use "agape" as a signature...

WELCOME TO JWD

Agape is a word that most of us here know. There was no need to look it up.

It just surprised me that you used it. That is not something that I have "heard" a Witness use before in a signature, but then most Witness don't post on the internet, so you must be a bit different.

On the subject of faith, yes I do have it.

So, "what's your story?"... are you a current Witness? Ex-Witness? Martian? Ex-Martian? etc etc

AO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit