A Gem from the new book "COME BE MY FOLLOWER"

by bennyk 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

It was the Society's ability to lie with a straight face that contributed most to my departure after nearly 30 years of dubdom. This quote is a perfect example. It's as if, by repeating the lie, they could make it real.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Is this the new release from this years convention?

I would love to have a copy of that the next time my "study" comes for a visit, it might throw him off track.

• steve2
    steve2

It would be a welcome consolation if, even though doctrinally and organizationally wrong, they at least had genuine love among themselves. But they don't.

I can kind of understand their wariness towards doubters, but they even have trouble showing genuine love among themselves. The elders especially often treat each other inconsiderately and there's a lot of one-upmanship among them. That's the trouble I suppose: They make such huge claims about how unique they are, so a lot is naturally expected of them.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would love to have a copy of that the next time my "study" comes for a visit, it might throw him off track.

Ask for a copy - there should be no problem

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My study hasn't been to the convention yet, so he may/may not have even heard of this book, he would be surprised and taken aback if I were to have the book before he did.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My study hasn't been to the convention yet, so he may/may not have even heard of this book, he would be surprised and taken aback if I were to have the book before he did.

Just tell him that the angels have been communicating with you just like they communicate with the Governing Body.

• theMartian
    theMartian

My, my- I guess none of you READ your Bibles...

John 13: 35 - By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Matt 23: 27 - Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

Agape,

MFM

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Can anyone scan the front cover and maybe the table of contents.

I love to e-mail things of that sort to clueless JW's.

It makes them paronoid, suspicious and bewildered of the internet.

I'm hoping for curiosity to kick in though.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

My, my- I guess none of you READ your Bibles...

John 13: 35 - By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Matt 23: 27 - Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

Agape,

MFM

I guess that says it all really.

Agape (IPA: [?'g?.pe] or IPA: ['?g??pe] ) (Gk. a??p? [ a'?a.pi ]), is one of several Greek words translated into English as love. The word has been used in different ways by a variety of contemporary and ancient sources, including Biblical authors. Many have thought that this word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional, and thoughtful love.

Agape has been expounded on by many Christian writers in a specifically Christian context. Thomas Jay Oord has defined agape as "an intentional response to promote well-being when responding to that which has generated ill-being."

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE - not just love for your fellow believer. Yes, love your fellow believers, but also love the others too. Do it, becasue it is within you NOT just because a line of scripture tells you.

If you do that with everyone (as Jesus did), wouldn't you automatically love your fellow believer too ?

John 13:35 implies that if they love one another (fellow man) then people will know that they are his disciples. It doesn't say "just love your fellow disciple"

Who is Matthew 23:27 directed at ?

Martian, I know that you cannot seriously be advocating only loving those who believe the same as you - but that is how it sounds.

• James Free
    James Free
    BTW, is it just me or is that sentence is worded as if a 7 year old wrote it.

Sure, all the publications are like that these days. And some will still say the study is too deep for them! haha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit