My name... screen names and thier meanings

by Miss 8572 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Miss 8572
    Miss 8572

Hello! A few days ago someone asked me what my name meant, 'Miss 8572.' As an unabashed Star Trek fan I find all the references to the witnesses as "the borg" on this site really charming. When coming up with my name I just thought "what is anti-borg?" If you watch Star Trek you know that Species 8472 is an alien race that is impervious to the nanoprobes of the borg... they cannot be assimilated. I thought it fitting seeing as I was never baptised and never really beleived in the religion. I am species 8 5 72 because species 8472 are violent, ugly and lack a sense of right and wrong. So metaphorically I am not exactly 8472 therefore I changed the 4 to a 5. HA HA! I know I'm a nerd... you don't have to tell me. What does your name mean? Is it subversive? metaphorical? meaningful?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Miss 8572, and welcome to the forum

My name reflects my feelings when I first joined the forum - I hadn't disassociated from the org then.

I'm not in any doubt nowadays, but I kept the name

• BFD
    BFD

Excellent choice Miss 8572!

My screen name is an abbreviation of my first screen name that was deemed offensive and removed by JWD. If you want to know what the original name is you can pm me. I like when people try to guess what the original was cause so far no one has been able to get it. But it has made for some colorful guesses.

B****F****D

• eclipse
    eclipse

What I have learned about JW's has eclipsed the lies they taught.

I love eclipses and anything to do with Space, astronomy and the night sky.

I too loved watching Star Trek TNG, and Voyager, Miss 8572. - great nic!

-e

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Hey Miss 8572, I too am a bit of a geek (shhh). My screen name reflects my primary job while in the Marine Corps, Crash/Fire/Rescue. The 451 is, of course, the temperature in Fahrenheit that paper burns.

When I first started posting 6 years ago on Tishie's and Simon's boards, my name was Immmortal. This was a combination of my fascination with Highlander (the series) and the fact that I was born in '75. Since Armageddon failed to come that year, I figured I must be immortal.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

BFD....is it close to BFE?

• needproof
    needproof

Needproof aka Needbrain

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

an old bro used to say 'pioneer spirit' so fast that with his southern accent it sounded like pioneer spit. Ptooey!

Welcome Miss 8572. Show us your pioneer spit!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nice explanation. There were Borg that freed themselves from the collective. I guess many
    here would be part of that group. Others could be like "7 of 9" or "Hue" in that they were
    separated from the Borg by others, then realized that separation was good.

Insiders will get this. Read up on Unimatrix Zero from Star Trek: Voyager. It is comparible to the
    hold that WTS has on members and their families, and to the DF or DA, wishing them dead before
    their individuality spreads to other members.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Unimatrix_Zero,_Part_I

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Unimatrix_Zero,_Part_II

If you aren't a hardcore Trekkie, it's just a bunch of reading so don't bother.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

As for me - not hard to figure out ex=no longer, nj=New Jersey, jw=you know what that is, I'm ashamed to even admit I used to be one of those , the only place I can admit that is here.

I wish I had chosen a better name, but oh well!!!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit