Sad

by sexyk 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sexyk
    sexyk

Well................Ivé been in the JW religion my entire life, until last summer. Im 20 years old now, and miss my family and friends. I left because I did alot of research about the JW religion, and I found nothing good and alot of truth.

I was recently online (instant messenger) and an old friend messaged me. Someone who I was dearly close to while I was in. She asked me why I left.

I started explaining and she broke down crying, saying she couldn't talk to me anymore and that she loves me so very much. She told me I needed spiritual help, when I in return stated "It's not me who needs help, it's you who needs the help, along with all the other witnesses" and she replied "see, that's what makes you an apostate" .

She hardly listened and 5 minutes into the conversation, she went to bed crying. She told me "they" (the world) wanted me to think the Witnesses were brainwashing me, and that they really screwed with my head.

Wow, I can't believe my old friend will never speak to me again. And im sure as hell not going back into the religion, ever. These people are truly mind controlled and brainwashed.

I cant understand how their so close minded. I even lost family and close friends just because I dont believe in an organization who claims their from god.

Im sad, wow....

keith

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sorry about your friend, but thats how they react when they talk with an apostate, yes they are brainwashed.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

You'll make new friends here and possibly meet someone who is near you. Stick around.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Sorry about that.

I know that has to hurt to lose so many to this religion. I hope the best for you and that you will build relationships that are truly lasting.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I am sad to hear how your 'friend' treated you.

Keep hope, you never know; but in the meantime just work on being the best 'you' that you can and you WILL attract new friends who value you for THAT rather than being a member of some organization.

It's rough, but it takes time and you never know, you may be joinned on your journey by some of those you thought left behind.

Hang in there,

Roller

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Its so very hard to get your head around how people can be so affected by mind control but you really never know what the future holds - this friend cared enough to get in touch, who knows they may one day get in touch again - I just got in touch with someone I loved who left the organization 13 years ago and they are coming to dinner in a few weeks' time, its like we've never not been in touch. So, do not lose hope. Keep nurturing new friendships, its wonderful to have friends whose friendship is not conditional on what you believe. This forum is a great place to find support and friendship too. Well done also for coming to your senses at such a young age!

• ilovegravy
    ilovegravy

Sorry to hear of your experience. The strange thing is that when I was "in" I did consider the people I associated with as friends, but when you do fall away, its funny how conditional it all is. No religion, no friends. Ive realised a true friend to me is someone who will be there for you despite any differences. So thats me playing scrabble by myself for a while then....boo hoo...

Uncle Gravy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sorry to hear that. It is terrible to see how effective Watchtower brainwashing is. At least you are young and will be able to make many new friends that are allowed to stay your friends for life.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

You will make new friends. I felt the same way when I was df'd in 1981. I lost my wife, child, family, and all the friends I had had for 20+ years.

Now, I am re-married, have 5 children, 4 grandchildren, a wife that I adore, and friends all over the world.

You will get over this and survive.

I wish you the best.

Peace.

Stealth

• DJK
    DJK
    She asked me why I left.

I'm sorry you have been made sad by making an important life long decision. It's yours to make. Both you and your friend are sad right now. Remember, you will both get over it.

This won't be the last time someone will ask why you left. Over the last 30 plus years I have been asked at least 50 times. My response was, "It just wasn't for me." I'm let off easy when they say that someday you might change your mind and they walk away. I've read a lot of posters here have used the watchtower is a lie reason and the response to that is "Apostate". That would irritate me. You can't change a bible junkies beliefs, they need to do it on thier own. JWs are specially trained in defending against the seeds of doubt and how to respond to objections, making them blind and close minded to the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit