What's a JW's main motivator?

by PopeOfEruke 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I like all of the suggestions thus far, but let me put this forward;

I think one of the prime motivators of the WTS mindset is a sort of smug certainty.

The WTS appeals to people who don't want to wonder, they want it all buttoned up and explained to the nth degree.

They want to KNOW, even if what they 'know' is dead wrong.

Well, that MY take at any rate.

Roller

• mavie
    mavie

Biggest motivator has got to be Death Anxiety.

An example of this behavior can be found in my experience with family and friends. During my exit my father denied the logical reasoning I used to shoot holes in the JW religion by saying, "Where else will you go?". Also, in reference to my belief that there is no God and therefore all humans alive today will eventually die and be forgotten, "That is so sad". He has to believe there is more to this life. He hasn't come to terms with his own mortality.

JW's do not have a copyright on death anxiety though, it can be seen as *the* driving force behind most religions of the world.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Mavie

how true!

My JW relative said he will stick to the "truth" because I don't have anything better to offer him...

Well what am I? Jesus?

So it's better for a JW to believe in fairy stories because the fairy stories are better than reality.....and this makes up for the lies and deceit in the organisation.

Pope

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

They also are fed if they aren't doing enough that JW will be bloodguilty and die at Armaggeddon. In MacLean's magazine a few months ago with the title 'God Is Poison', one of the paragraphs call the god of the Old Testament Jehovah as a tyrant. Since the GB reflects this quality, they too are tyrants and will keep pushing this idea to motivate the drones especially those that pioneer. I hate it how the SO would give talks and then keep saying 'Your lives and those that you call on will be at stake'.

• theMartian
    theMartian

LOLOLO!

POE- are you SERIOUS- or just want to share your hate?

My motivation: Love of Jesus- and his God & Father.

Your motivation as to being whatever you are?

MFM
    alt

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....FEAR.....OUTLAW

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey Martian!

Hi and welcome.

My motivation? I am just trying to get over the anger for having been raised as a JW only to find out the whole thing is a sham and a racket.

I am so angry that this fundamentalist cult is allowed to recruit emotionally and (sometimes mentally) weak people into their pyramid book-selling scheme under the guise of "loving Jesus and his Father".

My mother was terrorised into joining the JW's in the 1940's with the tactic "Armageddon is coming VERY SOON" and she sacrificed her whole life and that of most of her kids to this cult. 65 or more years later and she still tells me "Armageddon is just around the corner". I asked her last time "Which corner?".

This religion has made me hate the concept of God and Jesus and all that crap. It's all just brainwashing designed to get people to follow orders - in JW's case SELL THE BOOKS! To the Watchtower nothing else matters but selling books.

Don't you see that?? Honestly you cannot see that?

Of course everyone has the right to choose their own religion EXCEPT us kids who has no say in the matter until we get the chance possibly in adult-hood to throw it all away. I am so thankful I got that chance!

If you decide to stay a JW please do your best to fix the wrongs! Don't let it continue as it is.

Cheers!

POE

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

...the end of the world may come tomorrow.

Do more or you will never see your dead loved ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit