Were you ever a victim of slander?

by Fleshybirdfodder 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was after I'd left. There were rumours circulating the kh, presumably started by the elders, who were the origin of most of the gossip at my kh, as to why I'd da'd. Most of them were about all the "god-dishonouring" practices that I was now supposed to be indulging in, and I'd left because I didn't want to meet jehovah's standards. It seemed that they were putting out any story but the real one, which I put in my da letter - that I'd researched the watchtower doctrines, and come to the conclusion that they didn't have the truth, but were merely another cult.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sure, the JWs slandered me from day one. They slandered me a lot more when I was in "good standing" than they do now that I'm an "apostate".

W

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, FBF!

Yes, but technically, libel. And not WT-related. The matter could have resulted in a lawsuit, the entity I represented having every right to prefer charges against the antagonist. The matter was settled equitably, with hurried efforts made by the perp's higher powers to calm the troubled waters. The damage was great to the other side - a loss of respect and a once loyal following.

CoCo

• lesterd
    lesterd

I was going to be brought up on slander by an elder I had told the truth about, not in a malicious way, just answering someones question, well the fact of the matter would have gotten him and his wife DF so it was dropped, but he was out to get me after that, in fact when I moved he read a letter of public reproof, that he made up one the never made it to the GB, but it ruined my wife rlationship with her JW family in the congregation.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Yes I was slandered! I had to take 3 lie detector test and a interview from the police. The gossip never stopped. I pleaded and cryed to the elders for the slander to stop. (They never helped) Then I hired an antorny told him what was going on he was really shocked. He cut his rates in half. My attorney did some letter writing to elders and pioneers ETC. The slander stopped it was like turning off a light. I realize now the janitors electricians and plumbers did not help. GH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit