Were you ever a victim of slander?

by Fleshybirdfodder 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• poppers
    poppers

NVR, you perv. LOL!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Several times. My favourite was when a dub couple came to visit and I took longer than 2 seconds to answer the door (might have been a minute) Now I'll explain something first, at this time I was living next to a railway yard which is of course, fenced off to the public. However for pedestrians, it was a pain in the @$$ to have to walk all the way around to the overpass and back again so there was always someone cutting a hole in the fence and walking straight through. Every afternoon when someone walked through the yard, their shadow would appear on the blind. When bro & sis righteous were visiting that afternoon, someone was walking through the yard and of course, their shadow appeared on the blind.

As I was fading I heard (but not from the elders) that the shadow was my lover whoever they were (were they even male?) Apparently I had quite a few as well. This is what minds focused on what is chaste and pure come up with.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, and I proved in the official WTS required way. No apologies or retractions though. Never attract the attention of a heartless, gossipy elder's wife. The telling of big whoppers about me and my hubbie was got me out the door permanently finally.

Can only handle so many knives in the back.

Can I trust you Brother Liar?

Frontal attacks

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Yes I did. And I handled it well too.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/93760/1.ashx

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sure I was a victim of slander - I was a JW, wasn't I? Vicious gossips, elders' wives the worst. And I was a goody two shoes who was afraid to do anything wrong, but that didn't stop them from talking about me, assholes.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Yes, but now I'm sure it was mostly because I made a lot of bad choices. I was no saint.

• lilybird
    lilybird

yes, I was slandered by an elders wife who I had looked up to and thought she was my friend. I later found out that she slandering others as well and she and her elder husband eventually moved away to another province to start new as most people disliked her.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Taking what Madame Quixote posted.....I'd say she was right. I was also accused of some nasty things concerning money that I supposedly took (by my darling always truthful, superfine, elder's wife, pioneer daughter, after I left the WTS) but it blew up in her face when her "secret" got told to me by her brothers and sister one night. She changed her phone number and hasn't talked to or seen anyone in the family since then.

She also told them all something really atrocious that I still can't bring myself to talk about.....but its the worst of THE worst (next to murder) and THAT came out the same night as the "money" thing did. My hubby told her (by phone---just before she changed her number) that she would never be welcome here again...and WHY.

She then denied saying any of it ....even knowing that they all heard what she said...and told us that night. She DARE not show her lying face around HERE ever again....and she best stick to telling her lies to the people at the doors and quit making up such whoppers to call attention to herself. She should have known it would backfire one day and she'd hear about it. She certainly has a vivid and nasty imagination!

She certainly fits in WELL with the cold, uncaring and unloving WTS-trained crowd.

Most likely....she is practicing for another part on the assembly....JWs fawning all over her as she demonstrates her love for mankind by sucking THEM into the WTS...to be just like HER! (Nahhh...that's unfair---there could never BE anyone just like her.)

Yuck.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Sure was!

Even caught the elders of my congregation slandering me to "worldly people!" But what could I do about it when the elders were behind most of it? At the end, my fleshly sister and her kids were really spreading some really nasty stuff about my family and I. Going to the elders did no good since she was a regular pioneer and above reproach. That was one of the straws that caused my family to call it quits. I followed later when I caught an elders in one lie to me too many.

Forscher

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Fleshybirdfodder:

You made the unfortunate mistake of thinking somebody was your friend and telling them about a personal, sexual detail or situation like this. This can always be used against you, especially in a stupid religion like this with morons who love to gossip and also because some people think they are doing you a favor by telling on you (the cult of "confession", remember).

I think it is a mistake generally to tell ANYBODY (even a non-JW) about a personal, bodily issue you have because it may very well be repeated at some future date. I don't believe in giving anybody ammunition.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit