This Post Will Offend Current JWs: Annie Lennox should be avoided

by mtsgrad 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

You should try playing these songs backwards.....da demunz is cummin, da demunz is cummin.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I got in trouble with a "get together" hostess for playing "Louie, Louie" at a "50s" party. Rumor has it that the sloppily sung lyrics are "filthy", but no one can tell me what the filthy words are supposed to be.

BTW, I DO know the actual lyrics to the song, and they are pretty uninspired. UNLESS you play them backwards, then they say "Kill Your Parents, Burn Your Bible!"

• mavie
    mavie

Juni wrote:

I like a variety of music and I like Annie Lennox.

The JW organization finds fault w/almost, if not, everything. Always the worst case scenario too.

I'm sure a lot of the great composers weren't squeaky clean either. But they want to overlook that.

----------

Actually Juni I had an Elder warn me about the classical music I selected for my JW wedding. He said something to the effect of 'Some classical music is demon inspired.' I think I rolled my eyes.

• elliej
    elliej

Hubby and I were told not to listen to "Strangers In The Night" (as if we would) because it was about homosexuals. No kidding.

• esw1966
    esw1966

The Eagles - Hotel California

Styx - Lady (backword talking about demons)

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (backword talking about Satan or marijuana or something)

Prince, Def Leppard, Ozzy Osborne, AC/DC, Meat Loaf (had the lights turn on at 2 am on me by themselves the day I bought It) Michael Jackson (my girls were SCARED to death of him, said he was demonic and they would have nightmares about him)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The demons write the best music.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think this is another incident where the Society is trying to bash an innocent artists on flimsy excuses just so that the people will be afraid to listen to anything but Kingdumb S***. If you look hard enough and take the lyrics out of context, Annie Lennox can be made to sound demonic. However, most of the songs are in fact clean.

Here are some of the songs the Eurythmics and Annie Lennox had:

>>Sweet Dreams Are Made of This. There is nothing outwardly dirty about that song. In fact, there is much truth about it. There are people that want to use and abuse others (like the Watchtower Society leaders--which may be why they banned it), as well as those who want to be used and abused (which means all those Witlesses that stay in despite knowing it's a scam).

>>Love Is a Stranger. This song actually describes the conditions within the organization, though that was not the intent of the song. Maybe that's what's wrong with it.

>>Here Comes the Rain Again. There is nothing dirty about it, unless you take a word or phrase out of context and focus solely on that.

>>Would I Lie To You. Again, this song is the question that the Watchtower Society itself uses. Nothing dirty about that.

>>Walking On Broken Glass. This actually describes what members of the cult have to do in order to stay around and avoid the horrible consequences of getting disfellowshipped or hounded and dying. Again, it was not written specifically for that, but it applies and the Craptower leaders do not want people to start thinking that it applies.

Of course, there are others. None of them are objectoinable by normal standards, even by standards that would have been in place in the 1970s. Whatever the songs say when played backwards is another matter. I have never heard them backwards, however. And just about any random sound can be decoded into a Satanic message if someone has the key to do so. Besides, I wonder what the Kingdumb S*** would sound like if I recorded it and then played it backwards.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Annie Lennox is a very talented artist.She`s not a Dub.....Micheal Jackson is a Dub..But..He had to move.Something about little boys in his bedroom.....Prince is a Dub.Used to be very sexual in his videos..Now he`s afraid of dragons.....I would rather hang out with Annie...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

What about Cry-baby Jackson's Thriller, with all it's paint-by-numbers demons - composed when he was still a JW?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

During the 60's everything and everybody was bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit