HELP....My Daughter Has FLEAS!!!

by onlycurious 25 Replies latest jw friends

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Has anyone here ever dealt with this????

I have tried olive oil, tea tree oil, flea shampoo and now mayo with tea tree oil.

They are so small it's hard to tell what they are but I saw them the first time she came home and they were big sand fleas. She had gone to the beach the week before and then when the school did a head lice check they told her she had fleas. Now we are dealing with eggs hatching I guess.

I don't know what to do....

Any help will be MUCH appreciated!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Aw hell!! I just went through that lice from school and fleas. . Um lice, get some RID. Wash and comb completely as directed...and do it again in 10 days. Scrub EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE. Wash all blankets and bedding. Spray the matresses and pillows with the RID spray, Do it again with all bedding and couches etc in ten days. Maybe call an exterminator. I about went broke trying to bomb myself.

Or try this ....um called something like blah blah diazonine earth. I can never remember. DO not buy from the pool section. Must get the gardening kind. VERY carefully put it around house cracks creaveces (sp) it is powdery and will fly up. Do not inhale. It can cause lung pnemonia. (again sp) anyhow....a turky baister can do it. Do not poof it up into the air. Then leave it there. Also, I heard you can put a bowl of water in the dark under a lamp light with a few drops of dish detergeant and it will draw them in the night. Never tried, but it is said to work.

Any soap kills the critters. Not so much kills, but softens the shells so they cannot survive. Lysol...Hot water on the laundry and I even put it into the laundry for the first run through. Gotta do it all at once and do it well...10 days later...do it again.

Boil all combs in bleach,, hair doodles and what not...

It sucks

If your kids are in public schools...one day or another...your gonna get it.

Don't worry it will pass.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

gasoline and a match? "this may sting a little bit honey" lol sorry.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

gasoline and a match? "this may sting a little bit honey" lol sorry. Love your humor.....lol Thanks for the advice. It's not lice for sure. They are definately sand fleas. So far, nobody else has it.

Good idea about the brushes. I'll do that right away. I've been washing her bedding everyday.

• DJK
    DJK

Sparkplug is accurate to a tee. I think this product is over the counter nowadays. When my children were young I had to take them to the doctor for a prescription. Everyone in the house had to be treated just to be sure.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

That is a common problem where we are. I asked my wife what the locals here do, and she said that after a good bath and shampoo, coat the infected areas with either baby-oil or coconut oil.

Hope it helps.

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze, isn't someone going to say the obvious? Get her a flea collar.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Getting rid of fleas is easy... just hold her completely under water for about 30 minutes and that should do the trick.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I feel for ya. I got ringworm from a dog that was a little mangy that I loved on a while back. I freaked out and got creams and all kinds of other stuff. In the end, I dabbed the patches w/ vinegar and w/i a couple of days they started to go away. This is what I found to sped the healing process up: change all linens and towels daily. Wash everything in bleach or Lysol antibiotic soap (yes it is out there, it is brown and smells gross, but it works). Good luck from post ringworm girl!

• ontarget
    ontarget

You should ask the elders then pray more and go in service more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit