WHAT "WERE" YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? AND DID YOU GO ON TO HIGHER EDUCATION?

by juni 74 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Never too late Jim! Good for you. You are successful and happy and w/a lovely wife now. You are a survivor despite being "short changed" w/the activities. Thanks for your posting.

L Wells, hi. Wow! I'm impressed. That sounds so exciting. Good thing others can't "read our minds" hey? If they only knew is right.

I wish you the best whatever decision you make w/the job opportunities.

Juni

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

High school? Was in college prep with an awesome SAT & ACT scores. Was mildly attractive, but way too skinny to get a decent date.

Dumped the Dubs and went to college after high school. JW parents said to keep it quiet & go. They made me live at home. So, I did not party much. But, I got damn good paying jobs afterwards. This made my family life much easier than my parents had it or my siblings.

Both parents wanted to attend college but did not due to the Borg. But, after 1975...they both went to college. My older siblings did not go to college...it was nearing 1975. After 1975, one sibling went to college. The others went to technical schools.

Just had a niece graduate with a Masters!

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

High school? Was in college prep with an awesome SAT & ACT scores. Was mildly attractive, but way too skinny to get a decent date.

Dumped the Dubs and went to college after high school. JW parents said to keep it quiet & go. They made me live at home. So, I did not party much. But, I got damn good paying jobs afterwards. This made my family life much easier than my parents had it or my siblings.

Both parents wanted to attend college but did not due to the Borg. But, after 1975...they both went to college. My older siblings did not go to college...it was nearing 1975. After 1975, one sibling went to college. The others went to technical schools.

Just had a niece graduate with a Masters!

Skeeter

• juni
    juni

I'm sure you realize how lucky you were to have supportive parents skeeter. But you did the hard work. That's great that you were serious about your education and didn't squander the opportunity.

Juni ~~

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I had motivation.

Both of my parents were childish idiots in the Borg. They both had problems with violence. My siblings were stuck in dead end jobs, and were constantly running back home or asking for money. I wanted O-U-T of the family home, and realized the way to do it was to get a decent paying job. Once I was in college, the parents were older & calmer. Otherwise, I would have left & made my way on student loans & every odd job imaginable.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit