WHAT "WERE" YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? AND DID YOU GO ON TO HIGHER EDUCATION?

by juni 74 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

You crack me up gumby; you too, Mary. BTW, Mary and juni are total FOXES!

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks hon (slips poppers 5 bucks for saying that)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh yes thats how I remember Brother Gumby, & that is Brother Warlock with him They should stop smoking it looks like they lost weight since I saw them both Mary

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was never part of a "group", I hung around everyone. I loved going to school because I could secrety lead a double life, it was kind of like my freedom away from my parents. Everyone knew me a the Jehovah's Witness, but I know my friends at school felt sorry for me and I was out going, so when I got into my later years of school, I really did not get made fun of for being a JW. Those kids that made fun of me in jr. high, then went to highschool, these kids were not as "cool" anymore, I then had the advantage, I then became the "intimidator"...lol.

Nikki

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I was pretty smart (3.5 gpa) but got married at 18 and then tried to go to college but didn't get past a year and a half before needing to work.

• BFD
    BFD

I was a pot smoking acid dropping fool. I wanted to be high as a kite when Armageddon came to rub me out and that was back in the mid 1970's.

Didn't go to college until 1992 when I was 32. Got an AA in Business Administration but never took it any further. Maybe I'll continue when I'm 52 in a few years.

BFD

• done4good
    done4good

I was pretty invisable in high school. I got along with everyone okay, just didn't get too close to anyone. Typical witness. A very liberal jw older friend of mine forced me to go to college against my "know it all" jw will. I thank him to this day. Unfortunately, it is me trying to be his voice of reason today, and he dosen't quite get it.

j

• Mary
    Mary
    They should stop smoking it looks like they lost weight since I saw them both Mary

Um....well Grace, that picture of Gumby and Warlock was taken when they were heathen, rebellious bastards like Korah. And that's not tobacco they're smoking. LOL!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Rene - what a sweet wistful pic! And Juni - you still look great!

I didnt start high school til I was 14. I was a straight A student and wrote a lot of my classmates' work so they could go screw their boyfriends. I felt it was the closest I'd get to that kind of fun. I was girl most likely to have a stand up argument with a teacher or head/principal on any given week so I guess I'm glad they didnt mark me down for that. I had amongst the top 5 best results for my year when I left.

My school claim to fame was being the only pupil to have turn down prefectship on stage in front of 800 pupils because I didn't see why teachers couldnt do their own policing and that was their to learn and not be an unpaid slave. So yes I was extremely pretentious and when not locking teachers out of class rooms and setting off fire alarms I would be very quiet and aloof and most likely to be found reading Turgenev or Sholokov or any multi-syllabeled Russian author that looked impressive or flirting with the caretaker, french teacher or any male that came into the girls school.

I feel sincerely sorry for my teachers. I was so busy looking down on them because they were crow meat and because my parents didnt respect them and questioning their authority I didnt pay attention to questioning the authority of the Borg. I left school at 16 to work and shortly afterwards left home as I got sick of coming home to find myself locked out and all the lights off and being forced to sleep rough in barns and graveyards.

• gumby
    gumby

Well damn, I went outside to work awhile and all kindsa craps bein said about me from those apostate babes (which I might add were hotter than hell (hint is in a full moon) from the pics that were shown. Me and poor 'ol Warlock ain't been smokin cuz were rightous bastards an always will be

I'll come back in an hour or two and tell ya bout me in school and what I was like. Gotta go se the doc and I'll be back.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit