Paisley Ties Are Satanic, Sandals Are Immodest. What is Worldly????

by mtsgrad 43 Replies latest jw friends

• troucul
    troucul

I loved Paisley ties...I guess that was a sign of things to come

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Complete madness. Your replies have had me laughing so much!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Paisley ties were allowed in Ohio back in the 1980's, I remember my stepmom picking them out for me.

Blondie, were sandals actually forbidden for the men even in their leisure time?

• blondie
    blondie

JG, you know that there is probably some JW out there who has forbidden sandals on men at all times. I have never seen it in print though. I was at a party for some visiting Gilead missionaries and here he had pictures of himself dressed for the ministry, with shorts, cotton shirt, no tie and sandals (no socks). The local US JWs were astonished that you could wear that. He said, matter of factly, that the local people would think them crazy if they had gone door to door in a suit, socks, shirt and tie with dress shoes. I wonder what the local people in hot climates in the US think?

Blondie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, you're right Blondie. It was never really an issue for me as I never wore sandals growing up, I just thought they looked "geeky". I bought my first pair of sketcher sandals back in 2003, I think they are cool, and Im still wearing them.

Where I lived in Eastern Kentucky, the only people who wore suits were funeral undertakers, even the preachers in Ky for the most part dont wear ties, yet we always had to wear our suits.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

In our kneck of the woods, paisley's represented sperm, and therefore taboo.

Now I can see sperm on a tie being considered worldly.

I can see sperm on sandals being considered worldly as well.

• luffy
    luffy

"wordly"= just another one of the glorious words the JWS use to set themselves apart from the others and justify their "group"

"wordly"=NORMAL!!!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

condoms were never mentioned or allowed,because sex was only for reproduction.why else would you do it if you didnt want to reproduce?..i remember someone finding tampon wrappers in the womens bathroom,and they had a special meeting for 'the sisters'...

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

remember someone finding tampon wrappers in the womens bathroom,and they had a special meeting for 'the sisters'... >>>>wow

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

what's the deal with tampons? my wife mentioned something about this in passing, but, i never got to ask her about it. i never heard of this. and no obgyn visits? why not? are they mad? i'm no doctor, but, don't you have to have regular gyno visits for good health?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit