Paisley Ties Are Satanic, Sandals Are Immodest. What is Worldly????

by mtsgrad 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

I was taken to the back of the hall and given notice that I wouldn't be allowed to give talks any more because I had a half inch of hair over my ears. the elder that lectured me was a

bald headed pin head that envied every young man in the hall with a full length of hair, he said it had a worldly appearance. I think back now and really makes me laugh

Oh yeah I remember my brother tried to wear a beard and he too was taken back for a lecture, I think it was the same guy

• blondie
    blondie

Sandals on men unless they live in a country like Micronesia (shorts and not wearing ties out in service is not worldly in Tahiti but it is in Southern California)

Sandals without nylons on women

Jean skirts on women

Wearing blouses or shirts that men can see down if you bend over

Not wearing a bra although your size is 32AAAAAAA (re women of course)

Skirt lengths that touch your ankles

Skirt lengths that touch your knees

Skirt lengths anywhere in between

Moon boots

Not wearing a slip under a sheer dress, not wearing a slip long enough

Dark colored nail polish (unless you are the CO's wife)

Dyed hair on men or women (unless you are the CO's wife)

Hair shorter than 1 inch on women even if you just had chemo and your hair is growing out, wear a scarf, woman!

Tattoos, piercings, unless no one can see them at the KH.

Earrings on men unless you take them out for service, meetings, conventions (hahahaha, was actually told that by an MS)

Multiple ear piercings in each ear (actually WTS told elder body they get to decide so it depends which congregation)

Red lipstick (unless you are the CO's wife)

It is worldly to have a bra size 36DDDDD naturally but it is worldly to get a breast reduction operation

Fleur de lis are symbols of the trinity

Women in the US must shave their legs or under their arms; not so in Europe, ever seen a woman with long, dark leg hair with nylons?

Can JW men wear jockey shorts since they contribute to the urge to masturbate?

Only black dress shoes on men on the stage

No suitcoats on the stage

Only white shirts on public speakers

Perfume (unless you are the CO's wife)

No toe rings, or anklets...symbol of immoral women

Sideburns cannot go past your earlobe

Men's hair cannot touch their collar

Men cannot wear Lennon frames

Women cannot wear slacks in bitter, cold weather although the homeowners they visit think they are nuts and don't hear a word the JW says at the door.

Husbands get to decide if their wife can wear makeup, nail polish, how long her hair can be (unless she is the CO's wife)

Amazing how many rules there are on dress alone...............

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44

Worldly my foot!

The Watchtower "standards" of dress conform to CONSERVATIVE BUSINESS ATTIRE!!!

Now, did that standard come down from on high, or did it come from the world?

--VM44

• juni
    juni

LOL Blondie you are on a roll tonight!! How true though.

I remember the PO at the congregation (extremely conservative cong.) in his talk about rock music said the "beat" of rock music matched the "cadence" of sexual intercourse. I am not lying!! My husband brought up to him that the beats in the measure is the same in rock as classical music. Shut him up right now. Even this PO's pioneer son agreed. Hee heeee

Juni

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I wonder if anyone ever brought up that ties themselves are a phallic symbol.. let alone worrying about paisleys on them.

silly rules.

• blondie
    blondie
    Of course, there are those who will swear that a long, wide tie with silk that feels like "living skin" is really just representative of the male genitalia. "The tie is the most obvious kind of a phallic symbol," says George D. Goldman, Ph.D., a psychologist and psychoanalyst who practices in New York City. "It hangs down in front of a man like a phallic symbol -- but that's just a cliche.

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-19970201-000004.html

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Yeah, gyno visits and tampons were outlawed in my congregation.
    Also sport coats were outlawed so a man must wear a matching suitcoat and pants. He was not allowed to go on stage without a coat even in 100 degree days in Mississippi.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Let me clarify -- tampons and gyno visits were outlawed for virgins only.

• loosie
    loosie

LOL @ Hortensia. lol Flamingo congregation

told that it was inappropriate for "brothers" and "sisters" to play basketball together.

The boys just didn't want to lose to the girls.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

In our kneck of the woods, paisley's represented sperm, and therefore taboo.

Now I can see sperm on a tie being considered worldly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit