What Actually Made You Leave The "Truth"?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

I was DFed for smoking and felt the pains of being disfellowshipped since I had much family in the organisation.

I went into a christian bookstore to use their commentaries/encyclopedia's/dictionaries to see the scripturalness of disfellowshipping.

While I was in there happened to go down the "cult" section and saw books and books about JW's. I began to look at some of them as I figured I was DFed anyways so why worry about looking at anti-dub material. I had always been curious as to what COC was about but they didn't have it in there and so I looked at other books such as ones written by David Reed and some others. Those books began to open my eyes that something was wrong with the Organisation. I decided to order COC.

When that book came in (COC) and I read it and got through a few chapters, I remember falling to the floor in my kitchen in tears and fell apart when I realised.........this was NOT the truth. From there I read all could read about the dubs, then found the internet and found "Freeminds" and Macgregor Ministries. Freeminds led me to H20 and JWD. From there I became a dirty heathen apostate bastard from hell

Gumby........of the "I never have regretted what I found out" class

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby, how are you doing as a "publisher"?

• gumby
    gumby

Bite me Mini mouse

I DO NOT publish thank you

In fact, I don't buy, place, or advocate anything THEY publish. I can sit through some meeting, but that's the extent of it.

Gumseatwarmer

• dawg
    dawg

They had a special announcement... I hadn't been attending for some time but Mom and Dad made sure I was there for the special announcment... I am an avid reader, first thing I do every morning is to read the newspaper. I had read where Fauldwell or some other dumbass lost a lawsuit so he was going to have to pay taxes on his books ectera... I thought that may effect the WT; the important announcment? The end was near and they were to no longer ask for a specific amount for th literature for THAT reason! Lying bastards! I said so on the way home and my dad liked to have fell out... That's when I knew, always had doubts, but that's when I knew. I've been to maybe three meetings since and everytime I go I always leave thinking how damn stupid the people there are. Lying bastards!

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus, like you I was raised in the "false" from birth 1959. Got out 4 years ago. I was tired of the unjust treatment from elders who based what they said on their personal opinions, contradicting the governing body or Bible. The unloving, controlling attitude toward everything in your life from music you listen to, to what shade of tissue paper we blow our nose in!! And being an elders son, many times I saw people dealt with unlovingly, not by my dad, but by some other elders, and my dad would be outnumbered by the authoritative bastards to fight it. The molestation coverups are just the final nail in the coffin for me to see that this cult is mainly concerned with saving face in public to keep their shrinking numbers up so they won't miss out on some poor older sisters will or estate to be signed over to them,"all for the advancing of the good news of the kingdumb". Excuse me while I go yank in the restroom. It's just too nauseating for reality. Is that enough honesty Minimus?? Thanks for asking. It was therapeutic at least. Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus, Oh yes. P.S. I too read Crises of Conscience. It too was a revelation and eye opener which helped reveal the big scam. Peace, Flipper

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I didn't leave the truth. How could I - I was never in it to leave it.

I was a jw, but any resemblance between jws and the truth is purely accidental.

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, it's true that people leave when they finally just get sick of it all. It's usually a combo of things.

• trevor
    trevor

I didn't leave The Truth. I left to find The Truth.

Turns out, there is no Truth. We build around us the world that suits us and each world is as valid as the next.

As they say - it is all an illusion.

And - No I am serious - no illegal substances were used in this reality check.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Seeing the last 10 minutes of the May 2002 Dateline how the WTBS has covered up their pedophile scandal. I shook my head realizing that was hypocrisy. They were no different then the Catholic Church they spoke about at least 2 times a month with their priest/pedophile problem.

Add to that "defining moment", the severe lack of love. Elders not wanting to know you, just GET your publisher card. How unchristian.

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit