Discussion with Elder....a must read story

by drew sagan 34 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    it's good you spoke your mind and were firm in your convictions. But remember, all or most elders are loyal to the organization first, last and always.

Not "always." That was me, once, and look at me now.

His reaction does not surprise me. I firmly believe that a large percentage of elders, my guess would be at least 25%, maybe as much as 35%, are walking around with serious doubts in the backs of their heads. They stifle those for various reasons but every so often one of them sees the light - and then it''s just a matter of time for them and their dub "career." It's impossible to put the toothpaste back in the tube once it's squeezed out.

• minimus
    minimus

Like I said, expect a judicial committee. And it sounds like the "good" elder's on the JC.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

While there is a JC I strongly feel that it is because of the YMCA issue. If they did not know we where members I believe they would have left us alone.

The one elder that is heading the JC left my porch in anger the day he stopped by. That is when the decision to have a JC started.

• minimus
    minimus

Drew, it might be the reason to convene but the elders will ask you about your views. If you trust the good elder so much, why not tell the committee that he too agrees with many of your thoughts?

• evergreen
    evergreen

That took a lot of courage to do that Drew. You are a man of principle and you show no fear in what you believe. I wish i could have that same courage. The nearest i came to it was last year, when i sent a very detailed letter to the presiding overseer of my congregation explaining why i couldnt go back to the meetings. He came round to the house and was very understanding. He said he would keep my letter confidential and would not share it with the other elders. He is a very nice individual and said that the door would always be open if i wanted to return. I admired him for doing that. I have never heard from the elders since and will not be going to any more memorials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit