2 years this week

by geevee 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• geevee
    geevee

Hi all,
    Well, this week marks two years since I stopped going to meetings!!

My last book study, I got up and walked out becasue I disagreed with the conductor about the whole pedophile, child rape thing. Not the societies policies that harm victims! [he said]
    Well, I love having the time to enjoy breakfast with my family, we relish Sunday mornings with no pressure and love taking the time to sip latte's when ever we can.
    BTW, I have just started to study Clinical Hypnotherapy......how will that go over when it becomes public knowlege?
    Have a geat day.
    Geevee

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Congratulations!! Aren't Saturday and Sunday mornings just the best now??!!

BB

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Congratulations, my last book study must have been the same one, as I too was disgusted that the Study conductor denied everything that was on TV about pedophilia. There was a Bible Study that almost stopped over it, and he convinced her it was all apostate lies. I only went to a couple more Sunday meetings after that.

BTW I am very interested in hypnosis, so would love to find out what you are learning

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

SLEEP!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello, GeeVee,

Congratulations! I know the feeling of freedom and new beginnings as my one year out is rapidly approaching. I would have gone totally bonkers had I remained any longer, however much I miss friends and family. It's all about conditional vs. unconditional love. It's about the TRUTH vs. correct information, ad infinitum........

CoCo

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day GeeVee!

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Hi Everyone,

Only new here. Just got out!! Was reading that one Australian doctor attended meetings for 8 weeks and was shocked when he discovered that the society is using a form of hypnosis! Not sure if you guys already knew this. If you are interested I will try to find the link over the next few days. How many people nearly fell asleep during meetings LOL. And drop the NWT.

It has only been a few weeks since I have stopped going. Could no longer go after finding out so many problems/issues/lies/abuse - man the list goes on. Told the elder why I am not going, mentioned about the sexual abuse cases,the mistranslation and a few other things. He didn't know what to say. Says he will come back and talk to me. LOL probably with two of them.

How many people used to be Elders and are now non-JW's??

Any tips on what to say to elder on how the WTS is wrong would be helpful.

Take Care

• free2think
    free2think

Congratulations Geevee and good luck with your course.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Congrats!!!

My 2-year anniversary of not attending comes up in August, though I didn't da until November 2005. I think I'll celebrate both anniversaries

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Congrats GV!!

Welcome to JWD WT=watchtrouble.

Any tips on what to say to elder on how the WTS is wrong would be helpful

Tell them to go away and never come back, IMHO You can't reason with these people!!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit