Did You Ever Find The "Truth" Was Ever " Exciting"???

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

I found it exciting while serving as a ministerial servant and pioneer. I was the only young person in my area trying to "reach out" in the organization. The feeling I got from others of being needed for now and the future of the congregation made me feel important, which led to my excitement.

• minimus
    minimus

As a youngster and teen, I was used in EVERY circuit and distriction convention. I was always on the platform, having been considered one of the best examples in the circuit. When I was a kid and knew nothing else, yeah, I thought it was exciting to be the ONLY people on earth who knew what WE knew! Every "privilege" I got caused excitement----all the way up until I became a 24 year old elder. After a few years as an elder, it began to hit me that it was all bullsh*t.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I was so excited when I got called to Bethel. Downhill from there.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I found it exciting to be in the truth, as I thought I was then, and have a chance of living in paradise. The meetings and ministry weren't exciting, just the opposite, but I felt that going to them was a sscrifice worth making for the potential reward.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I was so excited when I got called to Bethel. Downhill from there.

I can relate. I found my experience there rather disappointing as well.

• minimus
    minimus

A phenom: when someone goes to Bethel, they never come back the same way.

• free2think
    free2think

Nope, never. But I thought i was supposed to.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Nope nothing exciting.

nj

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Yes I did think the "truth" was exciting when I was first studying. I really thought it was the truth (I was 14 years old at the time). I was very zealous and progressed quite well despite my family members objections.

Then I started to see the "truth" was just a bunch of bs and now I just do what I have to do to keep peace with my hubbie.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was excited about the "truth" as long as I knew my parents were proud of me. If they weren't, my life was hell.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit